Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

we have had about 2 inches of ice fall. and it is suppose to continue until Sunday....yuck...looks like i will be housebound with hubby and the kids untill then!!!!!

Ohhh hope you get out soon

Just sent my pal on H-Unit over there a letter, hope the postman doesnt turn blue half way there :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know....I saw on The Weather Channel that you all have some really nasty weather there! We had freezing rain here today in Chicago, flurries tomorrow and Sunday even more snow. Great....... I hate winter!!!

Stay warm and safe!

I had some collegues going to OK today, they got as far as Houston and their flight was cancelled. They called in a panic, I had to rearrange their car reservations, and they drove from Houston to Lawton. It must be pretty bad out there!

Yeah Christianne we're sending our ice storm your way. Round 2 for us is to happen tomorrow through Sunday.

I hear ya, katsamsmom3. Jeremy ran out earlier for some last minute supplies and he said the store was a mad house. People were actuallyarguing about someone taking the last package of balogna. I think we got everything we'll need...except for bread. They were out. Crazy, huh? I'm just hoping there will be no power outages. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the both of us make it out the other end of this with nothing more than a few extra snuggle fests with the family under our belts.

Are you from Oklahoma, worrygirl?

sherbear...email [email protected] of you all can

i hope all goes well for you tp sher

yes Sherbear, I'm in Edmond.

I'm in Tulsa and it's pretty calm today. My hubby and kids are outside sledding around on the ice, but I'm not going out there, I'm 8 months pregnant! I think of this weekend as a great way to stay away from all the viruses that are going around school, yes, I'm still teaching!, and we don't have to go out to the store or anything. So Monday is MLK day anyway, so no school or exposure until Tuesday! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

BandNerd
    BandNerd

hey band nerd....any more ice coming down on you>

I am in sand springs..and it is all calm.

the cloud are getting darl though

we aren't having any precip right now. It's just one big ice cube outside.

Worrygirl.....I knew Bandnerd and Katsamsmom were from Oklahoma, but I didn't know there were others. Maybe we should have some sort of Okie-Emet get-together.

Bandnerd.....Eight months and still working? You're a trooper! Are you planning a vaginal birth or a C-section? Sorry if that's too nosy. I'm just curious. I had a vagingal with my first. My second was an emergency C-section. The third I opted for a VBAC. This time I think I've decided on a planned C-section.

Katsamsmom.....An e-mail is coming your way!

So far things have calmed down here. (I'm in Tahlequah.) There is just so much ice everywhere...the houses, trees, powerlines. I guess round two is supposed to be headed our way anytime now so stay warm, ladies!!!

[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

cool

it looks like snow on the ground.....but it is ice.

it is pretty.....the dogs will go out and slip and slide all over th place...lol

I live in southeast michigan.. and I woke up to ice glazing over my bedroom window, but it wasnt raining so it must have been overnight. I know when my brother and i left a friends house at 11:30 it was sleet. But all that ice melted today when the temps got above freezing. Dark and cold now (im sitting with a heating pad in my lap and another under my feet lol). Big time ice and snow supposed to hit tonite/tomorrow.

I hate winter.
    -Sarah Maria

I"m in Kansas City and it's here too. We're supposed to have my daughter's birthday lunch tomorrow, I hope we can make it or she will be so bummed[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Sherbear- I'm pregnant with my 3rd. The first two were really easy vaginal deliveries, so I'm thinking I probably won't have to do the C-section thing, and frankly I'd rather not.

BandNerd
    BandNerd

i am scared to have a c section.....i guess it is getting surgery for it. i am a boob...i would rather have a vaginal birth

I had a C section and it was not bad at all. I was up and around faster than the person in the next room that had a v birth.

Hey Okie girls.....more ice is coming. As if you probably didn't already know thisseeing howour news is flooded withreports. Miserable!

Bandnerd & Katsamsmom...I am so with you on the whole vaginal birth thing. I'd prefer to have this baby that way, but the doctor thinks the C-section will be safer.

Worrygirl...When I had my C-section the worst part about it was the anxiety, really. Hopefully that won't be an issue this time since it's pre-planned. Did you take any pain medications afterwards? I refused any....too afraid of the v* side effects.

Sarahmaria...Stay safe and warm. I know I can't wait until this whole ice mess is gone.

Donna...I hope your daughter's b-day lunch goes off without a hitch.

Our lights keep flickering. It's freaking me out a bit. I so do not want to be without electric. EEK!!! I wouldn't have made a very good pioneer woman, would I? We had a close call witha tree limb a couple of hours ago. I swear it sounded like the whole tree was falling. It hit our van and landed on the ground in front of it. Looks like it didn't damage anything. Thank goodness.

Well, after the surgery I was on a morphine drip for a while......no problems. Then I was given pain meds which I did not have problems with either. I always ate a snack before I took them.

Have you had freezing rain? We have had sleet which our weatherman has said has helped to prevent ice on power lines and trees. Glad your van is okay. I would not have made a good pioneer woman either, lol. I have to have heat!!

ahh sherbear it sounds horrible where you are! i dont think its supposed to be that bad here, just ice tomorrow. and its reallynot going tobe cold in detroit until tuesday.i just really hope the storm holds off until tomorrow night though, so they shut down school on monday. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

stay safe everyone! i saw video out of oklahoma on our news tonight, and it looks dangerous.
    -Sarah Maria

Worrygirl...You know I need my heat too......and my internet, cable, fridge... And yes, freezing rain is just about all that we've had. Ice is everywhere. I am ready for it all to just melt away. Too bad temps won't be above freezing until Thursday. Thanks for letting me know your experience with the pain meds. Maybe this time I'll give 'em a go.

Sarahmaria...I always loved snow/ice days at school. Seeing the name of my school at the bottom of the television screen was sucha great feeling.

The temps is frigid. Even my garage is an icebox. Do you think the kids will have school on Tues?? Like you said, the temp is not supposed to get above freezing until Thurs and this ice is not going away!

oops temp not temps

we never did get the 2nd ice storm they were prediciting today...but the night is not over.

sherbear i hope your elect is still ok!!!

I seriously doubt they'll have school on Tuesday. Since the temperatures are so low that ice isn't going anywhere. Unless the sand trucks seriously kick those roads' behinds, I think all the kiddos are probably in for a snow day.

Still on and still flickering, katsamsmom. I was watching the news and the dude was talking about how even when the sleet/ice/rain are over, they're not really over since we'll still have to deal with all the after effects. He brought up the fact that the winds are going to start picking up which could bring even more of those heavy powerlines down. I'd give up my big toe for a generator right about now.

Yeah the winds are going to be brutal. Winter stinks!! We had two snow days the week after Thanksgiving due to the snow storm, now this. They will be in school until June-UGH!!