Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, it's been a tough week for me without this site up! If figures that not one but both my children would get ill in the same week..

My daughter, Kayla woke up last Sunday morning at v* once and then did it 2 hours later. Then from 9:30 to about 7:30 that night she complained of her stomach hurting. I handled it okay with her because she doesn't freak out when she's ill. She just does it and doesn't think it's a big deal. Weds. came and she v* once and fell asleep and was perfectly fine.

Then come's Friday, my son wakes up complaining his stomach hurts. He has gas pains sometimes so I thought it was no big deal because he rarely gets s*. I gave him some Tylenol and he was fine for the rest of day. I got home from work lastnight and went to check him and he was burning up. He had a 102 fever. He woke up around one and seemed fine wanted some water and said he was hungry. I let him have some Italian ice and some crackers and proceeded to give him more tylenol.

Right around the time I expected the Tylenol to kick in he started having horrible stomach cramps, he was doubled over in his bed saying he didn't want to be s* and kept pleading with me to make the pain stop. He was so loud he woke upmy daughter in her room. I had a total panic attack with him pleading with me to help him, so I woke my husband up and asked for his help. He tried convincing my son to be sick but it didn't work. My husband just sat there rubbing his back while I just soothed his head because he was complaining of a headache and said he had a sore throat. We sat there for 1/2 hour doing this all the while he was whimpering in pain. It killed me at the point even I would have wished it on myself. He finallyfell asleep after an hour of just rubbing him downand was fine from then on.

He then got up this morning, ate some toast and tea and started with cramps all over again. I called the doc and they said to hold off on any solid food for a while and it sounded like his stomach was having problems digesting. So I gave him shaved ice and he perked right up. It's been an hour now and he seems fine.

It feels good to type it all down and know that people who can really relate can read this. My husband doesn't understand me, though he doesn't get my case about it , he just thinks I'm a bit of a Spaz!!!

Sounds like what my daughter and husband had...not too much v* and tummy pains....weird bug. Glad you got through it okay!

I hope he gets to feeling better soon. Sounds like you handled it very well! Keep us updated.

that's what happened to me on tuesday!! i woke up with no appetite whatsoever and just felt off overall, which isn't too unusual for me, and had to go to school (2nd day of classes)... around 1ish (toward the end of my last class, thank goodness), i started to have shooting pains throughout my stomach and became so incredibly n*. i had to drive home (1/2 hour drive), writhing in pain and so n*, i've never been so close to v*ing. i had to pull over numerous times to dry heave on the side of the road- it was so traumatic. then my panic really kicked in and i couldn't stop shaking. i had a low grade fever and was really dizzy too. i couldnt even go to work. i made it home and stayed on the couch and didn't move for 5 hours straight. it was terrible.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and concern. Prncesspnk that must have been horrible driving home like that. I can't even imagine.

So far he is still fine, I'm just dreading tonight and the prospect of my daughter starting up again with it as well. I spoke to the doctor and he told me to feed a few crackers every half hour or so and let him continue on eating the ice. He said it make take a little while to resume a normal diet even though he did not v* or have d*.

Two years ago the end of Feb they had a bug that lasted a week a half, it was horrible I caught it one day and I thought I was going to wind up having a nervous breakdown. Well, we'll see how it goes.

Wow, they had sv* that last a week and a half??????

Yes, every other day someone was sick it was terrible it consisted of both d* and v*. At one point they both had it on the same day. My daughter was the worst because she got it 4 times. I only got it once and my son got it twice, Somehow my husband escaped getting it at all. This week has been like that but not as severe and they are older too, so I guess that helps. He is still fine, I hope my daughter remains fine as well.

Hope they are well soon!

You coped really well. I hope your children are feeling better. BTW I love the word spaz...made me smile[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I really hope they are better for good!! I know how you feel!!!

HI All, well all went well lastnight. I just need to get through tonight and I think I'll be in the clear. If my daughter is going to come down with it, I think it would be tonight/early Monday, but so far she seems fine. Thanks to everyone!!

You know I think that's what bothers me the most - the panic which other people have.

I mean if somebody is like your daughter, not so bothered by it, I probably wouldn't be quite as bothered. Your son however would probably get me all freaked out, too.

I find it strange that I find reading the words "dry heave" in this topic way more frightening than reading the V word.

I can definitely handle my daughter much better without any panic or anxiety because she doesn't cry or just totally freak out, but because my son is a budding emet or already is one it's more difficult to handle. I think my daugher's different only because she v* at a younger age. Where the first time my son ever experienced v* was when he was four, so I don't know if not getting sick when your younger is such a good thing?? Anyway, I appear to be in the clear with this bug everyone was fine lastnight!! Whew!!!