Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

my youngest in 3rd grade.....said there were about 5 kids gone today....i hope it is not a sv. Edited by: katsamsmom3

Did you get snow/sleet? If so, maybe it was due to the weather.

We're dealing with the same thing. Just keep in mind that even if it is the sv* your kids will probably be just fine. It really is unusual for that many to be gone because of a sv* unless they ate the same thing. If that's the case, your kids would already be sick. If it was something in their classroom, surely it would be dried up by now.

I don't know if it helps or not, but if they are out because of illness, it's probably more like a cold or strep. To me, I can live with that - no problem. It's just the sv*. I guess I can live with those too as my daughter had it Sunday night/Monday morning. We know she picked it up at a b-day party. I know I've seen you mention before that you've been through it & you do what you gotta do.

I think it just seems like an enormous, scary, awful thing when you're waiting for it. But, when it arrives ( and most often it never does) you make it through. I don't do it very pretty, but I make it through. I'd give about anything to be able to not think twice about it.

Susan
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

i hope it is from the snow....her girlfriend is in another class and said that 7 kids were out in her class.

It is probably the weather, people just don't want to get out in it. How are the roads there now? Ours are just damp thankfully.

kat....where are you?? sounds like my sons school but it isnt just svs its strep and really bad colds too im in minnesota

It could be a gazillion things. In Montgomery County, Maryland several schools have 25% absenteesim. I was watching the news and they said....."its coughing, high fevers and body aches - not much v*** and d***." I was shocked. I was like "yeah the v*** bomb will be hitting any minute now." I know my son's school has some horrible v*** bug going around. My daughter's school should be hit with it soon. Right now, there are a ton of coughs and sore throats there.Usually, influenza strikes and then the sv follows in its heels. At least that seems to be the trend around here.

Stella

Oklahoma. I emailed the teacher she said that alot of kids have been absent from school all week...but she does not know why.

The niceness of being a nonemet.

Maybe it's just the flu.

they all had sv's

Thank goodness it's the weekend. That will give it time to run it's course. Everything should be better Monday.

You know, I don't think it's all that awful to keep your kids home every once in a while. Now, I'm not talking about every other week. I'm thinking once every other month or so. The few times I've done that, my kids and I have had a wonderful day that I know was worth it.

Susan
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

Last week, I got a call from my daughter's school nurse. She told me my7 yr old was bent over with a bellyache[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]. When I went to get her, she told me 10 kids were sent to her-6 dismissed all with sv*s [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]My daughterended up beingfine-she has emet also and between the stories of other children and seeing"it" on the floor, she started feeling them symptoms .She was eating Mcdonalds and doing tumblesalts when we got home I-on the other hand-kept both kids home from school for the next 2 days in hopes that the virus would rid itself from the school. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Let me guess, they all came back to school today?? A boy in my dtr's class was home one day last week with sv (I had spoken with his mom during the day) and he came back the next day and it hadn't even been 24 hours! Argh!

I know you said they all have sv*s, but could it have been strep? That's what we found out that all three of our kids had instead. Hopefully, that's the case there. I did hear on the news tonight that Green Country is being hit really hard with lots of flu cases. You know I'm hoping that your entire family stays healthy and illness free.

Sami said that she know of only 1 with and sv....kids are funny.

yes the flu is hitting us hard. we al have had our shots.....BUT i had it last Feb....even with the shot.....it was horrible...high fever...chills...headache..and sorethroat. but it is better than the other!!!

Sher i am glad that you are doing well and the kids are too!!!

Yesterday, three boys went home sick from my son's class. One definitely went home with a bad, bad cough. I have no clue what sent the others homes, but I suspect it was due to sv. I know for a fact it has hit my son's school pretty hard. Today the schools opened two hours late due to bad weather. None of the three boys returned. No one else was absent or went home ill. I am waiting for it to hit my son, because he is a nail biter and an emet. I have warned him about nail biting and getting sick, but oh well.

I live in Baltimore and we are having a mixed bag of stuff. My daughter's school is plagued right now with colds, caught and influenza. I am sure SV is right around the corner. February is a tough month here.

All we can do is wait it out. It is really tough.

Stella

I go back and read Alvin's q & a and it makes me feel a little more confident that we'll make it through.