Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hiccups?

I get hiccups soooo often! It seems like I get them about once a week. I've had them twice today. It's really wierd. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know why I might get them so frequently? [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]It makes me feel all icky.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Well, usually when you get hiccups one time, you'll get them more that day. I will get hiccups a lot, sometimes they don't last very long though. My mom said it had something to do with swallowing a lot of air, i'm not sure though...if it does, maybe you're swallowing air by eating too fast or something? Lol idk

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hmmmmm. I'm going to look into it. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I have a couple of solutions because they make me feel that way too. And, if I just eat then it makes me nervous. Take a spoonful of sugar and eat it all at once, then wash it down with as much water as needed. Oh and sing the little song...a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down...(ok im kidding about that part). I swear by this and at the first sign of hiccups i'm all over that sugar. Also, I drink water without any breathes...that is not as effective.

My nana says that its because you are growing..lol. It's actually just something irritating your diaphram. Maybe swallowing too much air or a burp that got stuck, etc.

i read this in an article when my kids were babies....massage the earlobe and concentrate on the earlobe.

It works!!!

I take a spoon full of peanut butter.. I bet you anything that it will make your hiccups go away.. PROMISE
    ☮ ♥ emma

I get hiccups whenI drink a really cold carbonated soda...Sprite and Coke are the worst for me. I hate it, too. I always freak out that it will make me v*. Eating a teaspoon of sugar will help. I always keep a few of those little packets on hand.
    Be Here Now

I will have some interesting things to try.I like peanut butter and I like sugar so it shouldn't be too bad. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I always get hiccups if I eat bread too fast, I get them sometimes with other things but it's nearly always bread! I just control my breathing until they go but I might try some of these tips!
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I usually hold my breath until i see little starry things, i ususally don't hiccup when i'm holding my breath and then after not as much to not at all.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Home remedies for hiccups seem to work because most attacks of the hiccups have 4 or fewer waves. Actually, they nearly all have fewer than 5 or more than 30. Isn't that interesting?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Madison...

OK. I get a paper towel...Wet it...Ring it out...Lay on your back...Fold the paper towel until it's small...Place that under your upper lip, on top of your teeth...Just lay down with it like that for about 5 minutes, probably less...Your hiccups will disappear.

I know I'm crazy but this works also.

I get hiccups often as well. About once or twice a week. And I have noticed that if I get them once, I get them 3 or 4 times throughout the day. So strange. I just do the old favorite. I hold my breath. It never works the first time, but if I do it a couple times in a row, they always go away.

I tired the sugar last night and it seemed to work. It could have been a coinsedence but they did stop. Is a "wave of a hiccup" like each individual hiccup?