Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: having a panic!

Hello again everyone,

First of all, I want to say a huge thankyou to Sage and Alvin for producing the information about viruses in the locked post at the top of this section - I have been worried all day about the nasty norovirus as it was mentioned on TV today, but reading the facts over and over always helps put it in perspective!

I am off work for the first time today, as I have a sore ear/head/cold thing going on. I know that is likely to make me more emotional, but I the Dr on the UK show "This Morning" was talking about huge norovirus outbreaks in London and going on about sudden, projectile v* and I have been upset since.

For a start, yes, I am from Scotland, so that is quite far away lol, but I know that, realistically, it will probably hit the headlines up here too as it did last year.

Having come around full circle and considered the facts, I feel much better, and perhaps it was a good thing totalk about on TV - maybe it will encourage people to WASH THEIR HANDS!!![img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

On a good note, one of our serive users was trying to be sick because they were very upset, and I dealt with it fine, even in my car! (I made them open the door and lean out!) It was horrible, but they were unwell and I was taking them to the Drs, plus I knew it was emotional/mental and wasn't catching.

Thanks again to Alvin and Sage, reading facts is the equivalent of hitting worries on the head with a frying pan!

Love Laura

xxx[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi Laura,

I am glad I was at work and missed that on the TV! I would be feeling the same as you if I'd seen it. I am in Scotland too, so at least we are some way away from it, but it will only be a matter of time. I remember last winter it was on the Scottish news about the 'record' number of people getting norovirus in Scotland.

You coped really well with your colleague being ill in the car. It makes such a difference when it's not something we can catch, doesn't it?

Take care! M x