Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi im kerry,

Ive been an sufferer of emetophobia for as long as i can remember.

I have restricted my life in so many ways, but i thought it has to go away....coming to the realsiation it wouldnt was hard.

I cant fly anymore, i loved to fly until the last time i felt sick on the flight and now i wont get on it. its been 4 years ive lost 1000's of pounds through holiday cancellcations, sadly to my favourite place in the world FLORIDA I have only just joined this site, i dunno why iy took me so long.

I would love to have someone to talk too, someone who for once understands.

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Welcome to the forums. I am sorry that you share this phobia. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] This is a wonderful site to come to for support and great resources to help in your journey to get better!!

Looking forward to getting to know you![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Just wanted to say Hello kerry. I love this site, i don't post much unless i feel i can helpbut i read most of the posts.

Welcome.

Carol

Hey- welcome to the group!

hi kerry hun, welcome to the site... there are lots of great advice on here and everybody is truley amazing, dont feel alone hun we will all be here for you..

where abouts in the uk are you if you dont mind me asking?
    ****** PROBLEMS CANNOT BE SOLVED AT THE SAME LEVEL OF AWARENESS THAT CREATED THEM...... Albert Einstein

thanks for everyones replys and so fast too! im from just outside of london, where bouts are you guys from? im so glad i can actually talk to people about this. everyones phobia of being sick varies in different ways, im not a sickly person, but i do advoid getting sick like ive never been drunk ever in my life, i dont always enjoy eating takeaways and i check sell by dates other than that i live worry free because the last time i was sick was 2000, i was nearly sick last july but i held it back(not the best thing) but i paniced so much, there are times when i feel sick and sit in the bathroom shaking uncontrollably but when the feeling passes i feel so lucky and relieved. the only problem is flying, im so depressed im stuck in the uk for the past 4 years i used to love flying until the flight beofre my very last one i felt sick so the very last flight i took i was crying and shaking moody and upset all my family, thats when i realised i had a big problem. still havent got over it. take ff scares me because of the speed thats the time i think i will be sick and i cant get up or someone will be sick near me and i wont be able to get away. other than that the most annoying thing is that im fine for the rest of the flight.

im so depressed not going on holiday not gettin drunk not living life.

thanks for your replys.

aww hun, that sounds like my last flight too, i went to malta 3 years ago and was nervous about the holiday but looking forward to the flight as it always used to be my favourite part when i was younger.. but i got a real shock, i was sitting there with my hubby who had never flown before so he was a little nervous and we started the build up for take off and i started to feel real sick and i mean real bad, my hubby was no use as he couldnt reassure me as it was new to him.. anyway i had to go through 3 whole hours of feeling sick, i never wanted to do it again and spent the whole holiday panicing about the return flight. but i gotta admit that the return flight was absolutley great and dont know what i was worried about, i was more relaxed tho knowing that i was going home.. maybe you could take a short haul holiday and see how you go, travel sickness pills are great as you sleep through most of the flight.

ive never got drunk either as im scared of getting ill, i feel like ive missed out on so much..

****** PROBLEMS CANNOT BE SOLVED AT THE SAME LEVEL OF AWARENESS THAT CREATED THEM...... Albert Einstein

me too, missing out on loads, people always ask why they have never seen me drunk im too embarrssed to ay whjy so im like im on anitbotics today so u cant see today either and i have tryed so many flights short ones stocked up on medicine and stuff but i cant move past departures im actually stuck to the floor. im glad someone else can relate in the flying sense.

x

Hello and welcome. Everyone is fantastic here, and I WON'T fly either, actually not for fear of v*, but for my other fear ... HEIGHTS[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]. I hope you can find help here, I look forward to meeting you and hopefully helping you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hey LOL everyone - I'm married to a PILOT and HE is scared of heights!!!
    sue

Welcome Kerry!

It feels good to be among people that understand you doesn't it? I recently found this forum and it's like a god send!

I hate flying too. A lot. I get really agoraphobic in situations where I can't leave when I want to. (likely connected to the emet -- not having control, etc...)

Last time I flew (after years of avoiding it -- I REALLY wanted to go visit my bf), I went to my doctor and said I get a) panicky and b) sick on planes. He prescribed me an anti-emetic, motion sickness patches, and a few xanax. I bought a first class ticket so I'd have more room and slept the whole way there. (Then the 4 hr drive from the airport -- then 5 hrs once we arrived! haha! Unconscious is the only way to travel!)

Welcome Kerry!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]