Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

To kill or not to kill Norovirus.. hand sanitizer?? I hear conflicting answers and I LIVE and SWIM in hand sanitizer.. am I doing this in vain?

I am taking the kiddies to an easter egg decorating event at a local nature center and will be packing tons of sanitzer, but now I am not so sure if I even want to put my anxiety through this if it doesn't kill Noro...[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]..I have to remember it is for THEM and I will be holding them back from a great time, just for my phobia. I will probably take them anyways, but I just wanted to check on the sanitzer question

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alchohol based hand sanitizers do not kill norovirus. There have been previous posts that suggest that the wet wipes with Dimethylbenzyl Ammonium Chloride will kill noro, but the wipes I buy have benzethonium chloride (which I am still not sure about). I know it is hard to know what works and what doesn't. Following Sage's advice, of course, is soap and water, which is still your best bet. I know that is not always available though, so you want to have other things in your arsenal. I don't know if I have been any help to you. What I do is carry the wet ones wipes with the ingred. above and squirt a little gel, that way (in my mind) I've covered all the bases. It may or may not give them all the protection I would like...but it sure makes me feel better.

Thank you, I will buy some wet ones wipes.. thanks for the advise!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

loooove wet wipes. I was so happy to see they had the benz chol in them! Now I use nothing else!

Clorox wipes have the same ingredients, so you can use them to wipe items in your home.