Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you?

Hi There.

Well, my name is Nichole. I am 34 years old. I will be 35 June 2. To the Chinese, this is the year of the Pig. To me however, this is the year of the Mammogram. Not loving that at all.

I am a Fine Arts teacher. I have Connecticut certification for Prek-grade 12. Currently I am teaching Fine Arts in an Arts Magnet School. My favoritesare Italian masters - and the Dutch masters.

I am a traditionalist. Especially in my instruction.

My husband is Matthew. I love him like Italians love their wine (I am also Italian). He is simply the most beautiful person in the world to me (with the exception of our daughter). To live without them would be death to me.

My daughter is Elizabeth. I named her after Saint Elizabeth of Hungary. She will be 3 on April 20th. I love the way she smells. I love giving her kisses. Sometimes, she pushes me away.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

My hobbies are - cooking (love the Barefoot Contessa), reading (Stephen King), creating paintings for my daughter (although I rarely have the time), and being with Matty and Elizabeth.

I am fascinated with the story of Saint Paul (formally Saul) in the Bible. He is proof that great goodness can be made from evil.

New Slang - we are both Gyllenhaal fans. Most under-rated actors. Bar none. I happen to think Brokeback Mountian is one of the best love stories of the times.

Kasey - You are a wonderful writer. You have a gift - do you write professionally? You should!

Love this site!

Nichole [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi my name is Kats, I am from Switzerland, but I live in Amsterdam now. I work as a recruitement consultant and I am single unfortunalty - would LOVE to find a guy who can understand me and with whom I can really be myself. I love my horse, horse riding, skiing and writing music
    \"What do you do when the pain exceeds the coping mechanisms?\"

\"I have a talent: I posess an endless capacity to keep a worry alive\"

My name is Abbey.

I'm 13 years old and have Emet since I was 9.

I live in Canada.

I Abbey, welcome to the site!

My name is Heather. I live in Southern California about an hour outside of Los Angeles. I am engaged to a wonderful man named Kevin. We have a 3 bedroom house and havealot of animals. I am currently working for a bail bonds company in the process of getting my lisence so Im here to help everyone that gets into legal trouble inCA, Absolute Bail Bonds 1-800-793-2245 ask for Heather. Me and Kevin have been engaged for 5 years and probably will be for about another 2 before we actually go through with it.

My name is Stephanie and I live in Los Angeles, CA. I have lived her for about 3 years (in May). Before that I used to live on South Beach in Miami, FL. I met a guy out here and made the transition soon after. We have been together for close to 5 years and have lived together for 2.

Likes: cats, reading, Guiding Light, House, Grey's Anatomy, going to the movies, anything Justin Timberlake, Coke, Beaches, school.

Dislikes: (the obvious), cleaning, being bored.

New Jersey (Soon to be Carolina!!) United States

Im Sara. Im 26 and live with my boyfriend in Jersey. I've been here all my life, and will be stuck here until our families agree to move down South!!!

Ive had emet for a long long time..and Im just hopefully coming to terms with it.
    I plan on meeting it head on and kicking the sh*t out of it.

Anyone with me?!?!

Think my old reply to this thread was deleted, ohwell.

My name's Kay and I'm an 18-year-oldgirl from Scotland. Had emet for approximately 10 years now.

Uhh, a bit more... Well I listen mainlyto metal (black metal and melodic death metal are my favourites), industrial and weird ambient stuff, I study photography at HNC level and prefer black and white film over digital, I love travelling and learning about things, I love visiting places with an interesting history aaand I have a strange interest inparanormal phenomenaand cryptozoology.

Sooo, hi! *waves*

Hi everyone, I just joined this site :-) I'm Simon, 24 years old and come from England. Nothing makes me happier than playing music, whether it's playing guitar, singing, playing covers or writing my own songs. I'm taking a course in illustration at the moment as I love drawing as well as animating. If anyone wants to add me on msn ([email protected])then feel free to as I'd love to talk to other emets.

I'm Hannah, I'm 14 years old and have suffered from emetophobia for 8 years. I like to play the piano and bake.

My name is Amanda and I live in Vancouver, WA. I was born and raised in West Memphis/Marion, Arkansas, which, believe it or not, is a suburb of Memphis, TN. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] We moved here in October 2006 and loved last summer, but could do without all the rain.

Anyway, I am 30 years old (or, as I like to say, 29 for the second time!). I have been married for over 12 years to Mike, and I have 2 kids. Michael is 10 and Bethanie is 6. Their birthdays are in May and they will be 11 and 7.

I am currently a medical assisting student in Portland, OR (we live right on the state line). My husband works for the US Army Corps of Engineers in Portland, which is why we moved here.

Let's see, what else? I love to read. My favs are Nora Roberts, JD Robb, Lisa Jackson, and Danielle Steele. I also like true crime. In my free time (hahahaha, what free time?) I am an admin on a parenting website. I have an overweight pug named Darma, who is AKC registered and was born on 01-01-2000. She's my baby. She is SUPER ugly, but sweet as can be. I also have 2 cats. I have an orange tabby named Dumbass (yes, his real name is Dumbass). I have a solid black cat named Salem (after the cat on Sabrina the Teenage Witch). I love my animals and would not give them up for anything.

Okay, I think that's about it about me. I am not a very interesting person lol.

Hi Amanda,
    Glad to have you here. I live in Portland, Oregon, not too far away (well actually Aloha). I have 1 daughter who is 10. I love the fact that your cat is names dumbass, what a great name. I have a Golden Retriever names Goldie and an orange tabby girl cat named Katie. I love my animals too. I used to volunteer regularly at the Oregon Humane Society, now it's just when I have time.

Anyways, welcome to the site!

We like it here so far. I went back home in last month because my aunt died and I realized how much more I like it here than AR. Actually, I REALLY realized it the day before I left and all those tornados hit Memphis (but I freaked when the one hit here in January).

My name is Brandee. I live in Andover, Kansas with my husband and 3 kids aged 14, 6 and 3. I am 35 yrs old. I am an esthetician. I work in an upscale salon doing skincare.
    I have been emetophobic since I can remember. Nothing worse on this earth short of losing my kids or husband. I am so glad I founf this site. Everyone always seems to jump to help emotionally. Its nice to see that everyone else, like myself are intellegent normal people with a sad phobia. It doesn't define who we are. Its nice to meet you all.

So much to take in!

I'm Melissa, I just joined a few days ago. I'm 18 and I live in Michigan. I like anime and reading and Scrubs and CSI! I'm a fun person I draw too.

I love to talk, so don't be afraid to PM/AIM me! It's exciting seeing other kids my age and people who live near me too.

I would type more, but one of my 'likes' includes... going to bed early ^_^; I'm not a big 'forum' person, but I do try to keep up with new posts and stuff!

Hi all! My name is Crystal and I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders when I found this site.

I'm originally from Virginia but currently live in Atlanta, Georgia. I lived in Scotland for 2 years when I was a toddler and my dad was in the Navy. I was self-conscious of the way I talked when I came back to the US for school but now I wish I had that accent back! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I know, I know, folks from Scotland would say, "what accent?" [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] It's really cool to talk to people from all over the world here!

My name is Elaine, I'm 30 something with 3 boys, married 20 years last month. I live outside Houston, TX where i'm a manager for a major grocery chain here. My kids are my life, love and reason for breathing. They are all gifted artists...musicians...so my home is always filled with the sound of their sweet creations....yes, even the drums
    If you'd like a peek into my life, check out myspace www.myspace.com/yankeefanatic Oh yea, i'm a HUGE Yankee fan! And so very grateful to have found this site with all of you wonderful people who are so willing to help each other!
    </span></font></span>
    ~♥Little1♥~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

holaaaa. i am sarina. i am seventeen years young. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] i reside in williamsport, pennsylvania about an hour away from state college. i hope to graduate this year, go to college at penn tech next year than transfer myself the following year to penn state university where i want to major in either biology or zoology. i have a boyfriend who is my rock, we've dated for almost a year and a half now. i like to snowboard, dance, go to shows, and listen to music. i'm a film guru pretty much, haha. i'm an internet geek and play video games. my myspace is http://www.myspace.com/this_is life. you can add me and talk to me on there, i am always down for discussion. :] welp, if you need to know anything else, just ask!
    "He has not learned the lesson of life who does not every day surmount a fear."

i also forgot to write i've been an emet for about as long as i can remember and my cat is my best friend as you can tell by my avatar!
    "He has not learned the lesson of life who does not every day surmount a fear."

I'm 37 and currently live in Atlanta. I moved down here from Philly about 8 years ago.I'm married with two Rottie's. Those two clowns are the only children I have (not counting my husband) lol I can and will spend HOURS reading. I love any type of sport or activity but I can alsobe shameless couch potato. I play tennis pretty much whenever I can. I've had this problem for as long as I can remember but as the years go on it seems to be getting worse instead of better.

im kendall or kk. im DEFINITELY THE YOUNGEST on this forum. i turned
    12 in january i live in Katy Texas im in 7th grade and im a dedicated
    ballet dancer. i have 2 step sisters (17 and 15) but only 1 lives with(the
    17 year old) but the other is in walking distance of my house. this site is
    so relieving to know im not the only one like this
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

oh ya and im an actress and ive had emetophobia as long as i can
    rember and in my family it was not brought on genetically
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Hi, I'm Caterina and I'm living in New Jersey. I'm just finishing my sophomore year in college, and will be 20 towards the end of the month.

I've suffered from emetophobia for as long as I can remember, as far back as Kindergarten, if not earlier. I really feel it's gotten worse in the past year, and it's become nothing but a horrible burden.

I've joined because I really could use some support.

Hi everyone!
    This post was a great idea, I'm only on the forum a few days and sooooooooooo much is negative, so it's really nice to share and define ourselves otherwise.
    s_bgood, the quote in your signature is really beautiful.
    Okay, before I get going I TALK A LOT, I can bet this is going to be a long post!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    I'm Chris, I'm 18, living in Ireland, half-Greek. I work in what is probably the world's smallest health store, I love it so much! I HAD been studying General Science in college, but a memory-affecting illness and many other small things made it extremely difficult. Leaving was something I NEVER thought I'd do, it was probably the hardest decision I've ever made in my life. But now that I'm out I'm extremely glad and proud and I am so much happier [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    I'm seeking a piercing apprenticeship. My body is a canvas, a temple, a thing not to be taken for granted. I love the ritual and physical push of body modifications, as well as the end result of course! I have 13 piercings atm and one tattoo, including a pretty rare upper lip piercing called a jestrum, I have the first one recorded in Dublin [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] *proud* I'm awaiting several more piercings, a few more tattoos and when I'm ready, a scarification. I can't think of a greater ritual. I look forward to the day where I can say I'm ready for it.
    Emm otherwise, I LOVE DUCKS [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] cats (have loooooooaads of adopted strays ^^) and ferrets, music is my heart and soul!!, I'm hugely interested in medicine and biology, I love to read but don't have much time for it lately, I'm in a long distance relationship but I love my baby he makes it worth it all!, I don't take enough pictures, I play grade 5 flute as well as bass and piano tho I suck at the last two, I love the shop Lush, I've no social life, oh and, ahem, I'm emetephobic [img]smileys/smilies_18.gif[/img] Edited by: i_has_boobs

I'm Sarah from Melbourne and I've had emet as long as I can remember. I'm seventeen and doing my last year of high school; I don't know whether I want to be a primary school teacher (obvious obstacles to overcome) or a speech pathologist, or something completely different. I love learning languages; I speak German because my Dad's German and I'm learning Dutch and Welsh. I'm stuck in the past: I love all kinds of things: Chaucer, Shakespeare, Rimbaud, Lewis Carroll (major obsession with Alice in Wonderland!), Monty Python, Cook and Moore, Bob Dylan (named after one of his songs), the Yardbirds, black and white photography, history, Celtic folklore, Audrey Hepburn films, the list goes on.... Just about the only modern thing I like is Doctor Who (started in the 60s, tho'...) and David Tennant. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] I also have depression so I'm a bit of a loner most of the time; I love talking to people though, provided they make the first move!

I'm thrilled to have found this site; I was amazed to read the list of "strange activities" and to be able to laugh and nod in understanding at many of them - I thought I was the only person who scratched my wrists, carried mints around, will never be able to listen to a particular Rolling Stones song ever again and hates the word "bucket"...

I'm Michelle. I'm turning 24 this summer, and I'm about to finish my undergrad degree in a week (BSc in Zoology). I'm starting a research internship in ornithological physiology and ecology (I'll be studying the lipids in bird skin, basically) here in another few weeks, so I have a pretty full plate right now. My dream is to be a professor of biology some day.

I live in Ohio with my fiance, who is from Miami, FL. We met on the internet. [img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img] I also have a cat, I play bass guitar, and I adore the TV show Lost.

I've been emetophobic since I was eight years old.

Greetings!

My name is Tessa. I'm 24 years old and currently reside in Wales, Massachusetts... which is roughly 3284 miles away from where my husband dwells, near London, England. We have been married for about a year and a half, and the immigration process has been cursed by our lips at least as many times as there are miles between us.

I work at a restaurant right now, having had to end my job at a hospital, mostly due to the condition that brings us all to this site. Still battling it daily, but since arriving here, I dare say things have improved somewhat...

I enjoy cooking, singing, poetry and water (not sports... just being near it, touching it, bathing in it). My hobbies include reading Tarot cards, studying Palmistry, handwriting analysis and dream interpretation. I love to read, play with writing now and then, and occasionally draw. Musically, I enjoy the wit and vocal abilities of Tom Lehrer, but also the voiceless grace of George Winston... and just about everything in between (except *$%#ing country!).

My most peaceful spot would be at the bottom of the ocean. I like cats, hate dogs. Love kids but have no patience for the elderly. Give me liberty, or... don't.

So there you have it! Flaws and follies, but all of me. *waves*
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

Hi everyone, I'm Rosie. I'm 23, and from Essex, UK.

I enjoy dancing, singing (badly!), going to concerts, walks along the beach and surfing. I'm a bit of a sucker for a soppy movie and I have a complete weakness for chocolate. I'm a bit of a girly girl, love pink, fluffy, sparkly things. I secretly love boybands, even though maybe I'm too old for them.

Love animals, especially cats, and I love going to wildlife parks to see the big cats too. I once fed an elephant by hand, loved it!

I also have ocd and trichillomania, but I know one day things will be better.

hi im new here umm just checking this out
    im 14 from texas and i live for theatre =D
    i mostly do improv but love to do musicals
    also i love to watch movies all dayy and hang out with friends oh and i love music especially the joans brothers right now and MSI

Hi Guys,
    My name is Melinda and I joined the site last night. I have just turned 36 years (and am feeling REALLY old considering the age of some of you-lol). I am living on the Gold Coast in Australia and I have been happily married to John for nearly 2 years. He is an interstate truck driver and not home much at all. We have 2 gorgeous, cheeky and strong-willed children (Kayla-Jane aged 5 years & in a Montessori School & Aidon aged 2years, mostly @ home.
    I had a pretty interesting life once. I did really well at high school, and did B.Sc. in Environmental Science. (Had a few breakdowns along the way and totally lost all hope and ambition after Uni). Way too much stress!! I used to love dancing - Rock & Roll, Latin, Modern, Horses (only pet you can have that doesn't v*). Would have loved to travel - not a hope.
    These days I am a stay-at-home 5 days/week, and do paperwork for our Truck Business at home, 2 days/week, while Aidon is in Day Care.
    My life is not very exciting, but reasonably fulfilling for the moment.
    I was Emet-free for about 15 years, but a whole lot of traumatic and difficult circumstances culminated in a spectatular recurrance about 2 years ago, and I have been struggling ever since.
    Really glad to have found you guys, and look forward to getting to know you better.
    P.S.Please bear with me, I have no idea how to navigate chat rooms, as I've never been in one before.....[COLOR=MAGENTA]COLOR=MAGENTA</font>[COLOR=MAGENTA][COLOR=MAGENTA]xxx</font></font>