Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

wow.. So i dont think i have been on this forum for nearly a year! i have missed it. Well lets see i guess an update is called for. So i am still struggling with emet .. going on lets see... 17 yrs about now. I have seen about 3 different types of counselors. One whom had never heard of emet but was willing to help and helped me somewhat with determining what was n* and was just anxiety and to be honest i learned that most of the time... it was anxiety and you can talk your way out of it. However... it didnt totally work. I worked pretty hard at trying to do a phobia workbook daily pretty much. It helped quite a bit but not when i was actually n* or if someone else around me was sick.. the panic came back. I tried to talk to myself rationally but its easier said than done.
    Anyways its been like over a year.. and its good to be back around people who understand another problem i am still struggling with is my hiatal hernia. Its horrible and causes most of my anxiety... since it feels like liquids and foods just sit up in my throat most people with this feeling would v* but.. i just sit around uncomfortably trying not to freak out cuz i can feel it my throat at all times.. sorry if this is too graphic for some. anyways but because of this i am constently dehydrated.. i cant drink water and if i do even half of a glass i have to sit up for atleast 20 mins. Its honestly pretty miserable but i have lived with it now for 10 yrs. However i hate the surgery word since i am scared of surgery...not cuz of pain but u know why... but
    i did FINALLY get the plastic surgery i have always wanted 5 months ago.. and was fine. They have a pill now u can take before surgery that prevents you from v* for up to 48 hrs.
    anyhoo.. Hello to all again i used to know.. and anyone i have not met! thanks for welcoming me back to the boards!!!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Hi Kristin!! Nice to have you back. It is a daily struggle for many of us but we seem to get through it day by day!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I wonder if you can take that pill from the sv*and it would stop v* for 48 hours?

Welcome back Kristin.

I had plastic surgery 2 years ago and they put an anti-emetic in the IV because I insisted on it.

A few years before that my sister had surgery on her sinuses and they put a patch behind her ear to prevent n* and v*.

I'm glad they have a pill also. The more remedies the better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by centipede
    Welcome back Kristin.

I had plastic surgery 2 years ago and they put an anti-emetic in the IV because I insisted on it.

A few years before that my sister had surgery on her sinuses and they put a patch behind her ear to prevent n* and v*.

I'm glad they have a pill also. The more remedies the better.

yah i was freaking out the day of surgery .. they knew about my phobia so they took the extra precaution and also when i was sleeping.. emptied my stomach?? *shrugs* i dunno i do remember my throat being very sore when i woke up!! haha... oh well everything turned out ok

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I never heard of emptying the stomach. When I had my surgery I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything for 12 hours prior.

Friend me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by centipede
    I never heard of emptying the stomach. When I had my surgery I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything for 12 hours prior.
    i wasnt either but they said they "took that extra measure since i was so worried about it" i had never heard of it myself.. so it was interesting.. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]