Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This is a silly thread, but I'm bored.
    The thing is, you should all move to Vancouver, British Columbia. I have lived here since 1979 and I can say with all honest I have NEVER seen anyone vomit nor have I seen any vomit lying around in the whole time I've been here. Outside of the hospital, that is.
    But honestly, I wonder if people just don't puke here. I've also never heard of anyone doing it anywhere from anybody I know.
    Maybe we're healthier out here? I dunno. I read all these stories on this website about all of you running into it all the time and I wonder what's up with my neck of the woods.
    Anyone else live somewhere where they've never seen it?
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hear Vancouver is a beautiful city and would love to visit sometime.

I live in a suburb of Phila. and don't remember every seeing anyone vomit but on occasion I have seen what looks to be vomit on the ground.

Here's the thing though, I have seen old splash stains on pavements outside of places that sell food and just ASSUMED it was vomit just by the size and way it looked. It looked like it hit the ground hard. If I wasn't emetophobic, I probably wouldn't have even noticed it.**

I think emetophobics over-analyze people and situations to the point where we look for it and look for people who are sick. Normal people would be pre-occupied with other thoughts and not even notice someone who may look a little 'green' in the face whereas us emetophobes would keep looking at them to settle our inner fear that they are indeed sick.

The splash stains I see on the sidewalk may just be a drink that spilled or something else but in my mind I believe it to be vomit.

This is something only other emetophobes would understand.Edited by: centipede

Friend me on Facebook

HAHAHA! Hmm, what's the annual weather like and I may be sold. Though I've never seen it anywhere (other than school or something when someone inevitably gets sick in class ick). But as far as on the street or even seeing someone pull over and do it I haven't seen it. I'm sure it happens, maybe I just luck out?
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Don't come for the weather, Simply! I live just across the water on the island, and I like to say there are two seasons here: Rain and Allergies.

I agree about Vancouver, Sage - I lived around there for most of my life and very rarely ran into v* or related situations.

I live in New Jersey but am very close to New York City, and I've got to say that for a place that is just overflowing with people, Manhattan is incredibly clean. I've never even run into a spilled drink on one of its streets or in the subway, none the less vomit.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

I have to admit, I love my Vancouver, only it's in Washington. Although it does rain all freaking fall, winter, and spring. I've never seen anyone get sick here either, just at the Portland airport once.
    Amanda

Proud mommy to:
    Michael (11)
    Bethanie (7)
    Peanut (EDD 14 March 2009)

It sounds great out there Sage! It's much better than where i live,which is in Los angeles CA. .I hear people v*ing or what i believe to be v*ing, in the middle of the night across the street from me.One morning i was walking down to the store and in the grass on my neighbors side walk there was what looked ALOT like v*.Im about 98% maybe even 100% sure that it was, it started one big "pile" than next to it a smaller one.. .Needless to say, my mother and sister didnt even notice it, and casually walked right by it.
    Maybe us emets should start somekind of a vomit free communiy?..lol .That would be something and the rules would probably be "germaphoic" like in a way[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Edited by: harttride
    \"I think that little by little I\'ll be able to solve my problems and survive.\"
    -Frida Kahlo

Hello Friends,
    I've just joined the site 3 days ago and am LOVING it. I feel like a martian that accidently got dropped on planet earth, and after 36 years I've just contacted all the other martians. (Don't take that the wrong way anyone...).
    I live in Australia, the land of binge-drinking and non-existant codes of conduct. Although I probably imagine it more than I see it, I do see it quite a bit. My Mum does say that if there was only 1 person is a crowd of a thousand, I would only notice the one person though...
    I do think we see it more than others.
    By the way I'm all for the emet-community. Just have to work out what to do with the kids...

Sage,

My thing is not about vomiting in public or seeing vomit. I am afraid of vomiting anyplace. Vomiting in public actually doesn't bother me as long as I don't have to walk past the puke and the person isn't contagious.

It would be much more interesting to know the frequency of vomiting in major cities. Research I have done in the past has found that Canadians vomit more than Americans, but the sample size was always pretty small. I would really like to know.

Doug

To learn more about emetophobia, see

Music: lol - in Vancouver there are 3 seasons - rain, fog and August.

Here's another one: if you can see the mountains in Vancouver it's going to rain, and if you can't see them it is raining.

AT least it's warm here though - and this summer has been fabulous. About 25C and clear sunny skies all July so far. Sun, fun, and no need for air conditioning.

Doug - a good research project for ya! There are only 1/10th the number of Canadians as Americans, so it would have to be a per capita study. We do have better beer here though, so that could contribute to it...lol
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Quote Originally Posted by sage

About 25C and clear sunny skies all July so far. Sun, fun, and no need for air conditioning.
    I'm sold! lol
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Dont come to northern indiana, I can promise you you wont like it! People v* around here all the time, i cant stand it! I think it might be the heavy amish cooking...
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
    Anais Nin