Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you?

Hola everyone! I'm Lorraine, From Los Angeles ,CA.Im turning 16 next week [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] and im El Salvadorian/Hondourian/American/Spanish...wheeew!!
    Been a member of the site since March of 2008.I would just like to say from reading your posts you all sound like,amazing,wonderful,talented people. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I'm in high school,going to 11th grade.I'm being home-schooled at the moment because of back problems from being too thin and this phobia, wich caused the back prob. in the first place!I live with my mother and little sister,probably the two most understanding non-emets i've ever known,and couldnt live without them.I have a 2 yr.,11 & a 1/2 month old tabby cat, named Frisky,which is my baby girl.

Im an avid painter, i love to draw, and as you can see from my avatar , my fav. artist is Frieda Kahlo,who inspires me in my art.I'm an on and off again Guitar player(electric and acoustic)and piano player.Love to listen to 60's,70's,some 80's,90's and very lttle 2000's rock music.I am such a geek when it comes to electronics and gaming.I love love LOVE video and computer games. I love to read as well, mostly war books, auto biograpies and mystery books.I have to say my Faovorite book would have to be the Diary of Anne frank.Also a reality tv junkie..lol.Food network is my favorite channel,one 'cause i like to learn about cooking and like to cook, but also because it's pretty much the only channel that wont show v*ing or showing some one v* unexpectedly.

So thats some of what i am.Pretty boring stuff, i know,think so too at times ,lol [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] .Oh and of course, emetophobic probably since i was 4 or 5 yrs of age. First memories of fearing it was from then.I'm a firm believer in miracles and believe someday it'll be a wonderful miracle that i(we) get better. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    \"I think that little by little I\'ll be able to solve my problems and survive.\"
    -Frida Kahlo

Im Beth, im 23 years of age. I live in the UK, Cornwall to be precise. Beautiful part of England, lovely beaches, lots of open country side!
    Im a dental administartor, part time and I also study at University im doing a dgree in sociology and politics. I love it! I want to work in Human Resourses after im done at Uni, hopefully want to stay working in the NHS.
    Im married, my husband is a fireman in the Royal Navy, hes amazing. We have been together for 6 years, married for 8 months!
    I have a pet cat called wonky, he only has 3 legs and hes amazing!
    My favourite place on earth is Hong Village in south China, I wish i could go back there everyday, most peaceful place on earth.

Hey Everyone :-)

My name is Lily, I'm 24yrs old and I live in San Diego, CA with my fiancee and our beautiful son. Although I was born and raised in Los Angeles I've fallen in love with San Diego! My fiancee is in the Navy going on 9 yrs. I work for a company called General Atomics as a Dept Asst. in the Health Physics Dept.

My hobbies include reading Tweak by Nic Sheff currently my favorite book (I'm inot memoirs), shopping, and spending time with my family. I love John Lennon's music, Amy Winehouse, Beyonce, Vicente Fernandes, Juan Gabriel, Banda Recodo, 50 cent, Rob Thomas, Greenday just a lot of variety. Anyone who know's me know I'm a hardcore I LOVE LUCY fan! lol... I like Friends, John & Kate Plus 8, The First 48, Cold Case Files, and Judge Judy.

Feel free to say hi at myspace! (myspace.com/love4darion)

I've been an emet ever since I can remember, and I have no memory of any traumatic event to have caused it, I just know its always been this way. Finding this site was such a relief! It has a name!!!! I immediately told my family and was glad to know I am not alone and all of you understand how horrible this phobia is and how hard it is cope with it. So many people now understand why I didn't like to party so much, why I hate roadtrips, hospitals, and refuse to babysit other children!

THANK YOU!!!!

I'm 20...live in Nor Cal...nothing interesting about me to say...I'm glad I found this site because all the people in my life think I'm a paranoid, compulsive annoyance and don't take me seriously anymore!

hi, well i just joined, my name is kyle, im 18 years old for a few more days.

i live in london, i study Interactive Multi-media (web design, and filming with animation)

[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

the rest of me isnt very interesting. lol

Hello, my name is Cristian, I am 18 years old (turning 19 on September 2) and I will be studying International Relations at the university...
    I live in Oradea, a north-western city in Romania.
    I have studied the English language since I was 5 years old. That explains my near-native level...
    I always loved America, and my dream was to live there... It still is... but now I face a great challenge, this phobia that recently came into me! now my dreams are pure illusions... I want to live and work in the US.
    I also write novels in english. I still have to work on them, I keep editing and rewriting for better grammar and accuracy

As of now, my top 3 phobias are:
    #1: Emetophobia (I have it since the food poisoning incident on July 6, 2007)
    #2: Needle Phobia (I have it since I was a baby)
    #3: Bee Phobia (Since I was 7... It really frightened me)

I also HAD phobias which I came through:

I used to have a fear of height when I was a child, couldn't climb even a 1.5 meter fence without fearing of a fall... I guess it's cured... I believe it was because of my interest in Parkour that made this phobia vanish...

I also had a fear of cockroaches.. I began thinking that it's no use to fear them... they also fear us even more than we fear them, you switch on the light and suddenly the poor cockroach runs for it's life to shelter... They are also immune to radiation and can survive starvation and dehydration, so it would be a pity to kill them.

My fear of fire is also gone, I started lighting matches for more than a year...

What more can I say? My only wish is that my emet* should disappear, and I would be myself again just like the old times when I didn't have any trouble with this sickness that shouldn't have existed!

hey in julia from southern north carolina. im 12 and i like reading, eating, chewing gum, talking, swimming, and playing tenns. i also like playing on the computer. i have a sweet little puppy named ella, shes a black labbie!!! shes evil [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] but cute [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]!

ive been emet since 1st grade.Edited by: juliab3

wow, i've been on here for so long, and i've never really introduced
    myself!!

my name is Lauren, and i'm 21 years old. i live on Long Island in NY.
    i have a huge Italian family, and i'm the the epitome of a "Daddy's
    girl"... i don't know where i'd be without him. i'm a waitress and a
    student. i'm about to start my senior year of college; i'm studying
    psychology, but i'm not too sure what i ultimately want to do yet. i
    have the greatest boyfriend in the world- his name is Mike, and
    we've been seeing each other for almost a year. i love my cats, the
    color pink, Full House, Juicy Couture, broccoli, The Secret Life of the
    American Teenager, Carrie Underwood, strawberry margaritas, and
    taking pictures. my car is my baby. hmm, i think that's it!

my name is chris... I am 18 years old and I live in London, United Kingdom.

I have just finished my A levels in Spanish, Computing and Maths and I will go on to study Modern Languages at University in September.

I love to travel - In the past 3 years, I have been to barcelona, edinburgh and rome. I enjoy good food and, in spite of my emet, alcohol lol.

I have no idea for what I want to do as a career when I grow up... interpreter or translator or pilot or journalist.
    These are just a few ideas!

I am a christian and go to church regularly too!

ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi. My name's Christal. I'm 16 and I live in NJ. I just recently discovered my fear of v* actually had a name a few months ago. It's great to know that I'm not the only person who has this phobia. Well anyways it's nice to be here.Edited by: cryscross

Hello everyone, my name is Danae. California planted and grown, but living in awful Nevada since last August. I'm a 21 year old college student with plans of becoming a Midwife.

I have a lovely boyfriend who I hope to someday marry. We've been together for nearly 5 years. He's in the Army and currently in Iraq. I miss him so.

I'm vegan and I love animals. They're sometimes more understanding and loving than we humans, that's one of the reasons I do not eat them.

I'm a really sweet girl with sprinkles of not so sweet. I like books an awful lot and music even more. I love the pacific coast, the North Carolina coast is nice as well.

I've suffered from Emetophobia since as far back as I can remember. It comes in spurts. There are days (and sometimes even weeks) that I hardly even think about it. Then, there are times that it is all I can think about. The bad times outweigh the good.

If I could have a superpower, I'd pick flight.

Well, I'm Brendan. I never knew there were others. Thought I was just a freak.

I now leave for a long trip. many planes, many hotels, many things to make me nuts.

I'm Harriet i'm 17 years old and currently doing my A-Levels. After this year I hope to study Forensic computing and univercity.
    I have two beautiful dogs that pretty much make my day everyday.
    I have wonderful friends, family and an absolutely amazing boyfriend.

I've suffered with Emetophobia for as long as I can remember but in the past couple of years its got pretty unbearable (with just me feeling nauseas all the time.)

Ive been a member here for years and i dont think i have ever posted on here!!!
    My name is Rhiannon but my friends calls me Rhi. I live in the midlands in England and am 20 and studying fashion design at university here. i love it its fab. i work in a bridal shop which is great and i hope to start my own bridal buisness designing and making my own dresses when i graduate! i have an amazing fiance who i love more than anything!
    i have had this phobia all my life, but am finally starting to get somewhere with it by having cbt therapy!

xx

Well I been on the boards for a little while but never intro'd myself so here goes

My name is Chantal, I am 30 and married to a wonderful man for almost 3 years (been together 8 though). I have 3 step kids (18 in college, 17 senior, and 15) and my daughter who is 5. My step kids live with us and have since I moved in with my hubby many years ago. I dont much think of them as my step kids but more my kids.

I live in central NY, beautiful place with mostly fields and farms. I adore it. I was born and raised in Montreal Canada though, but I doubt I would ever move back to the city.
    I love animals something so wonderful about them, they will never judge you or laugh at you, they just want love and that is so soothing to me.
    I am a Ethnobotanist and just adore herbs. I do a lot of holistic healing through herbs and think they are quite wonderful when used well

I've been emet for gosh ... 10 years now, but its been getting worse has my daughter gets older and brings home more bugs I have found

Not to sure what else to add so thats me

Hi, im bruce

Im 16 and currently doing as levels in economics, geography, maths and computing. Its all going well so far... I really want to be involved in transport when i am older (planning it, not in it! Oddly enough.) My favorite past time is Windsurfing, I used to compete Nationaly but gave that up, the pressure was simply too much. I like to hang around with friends and my lovely girlfriend. I also love music and can play the piano and the clarinet and am learning to play the drums (if anyone has any tips, greatly appreciated!)

Ive been emet for as long as i can remeber, sadly

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Well thats me

hey, my name is Charlie, im 29, from Birmingham, have lived/suffered with emetophobia since i was very little, i work in a care home for people with mental health problems, i have a brother, 2 half sisters, two niece's and a nephew,

my fave band in the entire world is Queen, and ive just come back from an 18 show 6week tour around Europe, where Queen have joined up with Paul Rodgers, it was fantastic (and yes, i know its not Queen as it was with freddie, lol)

i like reading, writing poetry i even have a poem published!, listneing to music, love watching Hollyoaks, and reruns of friends. my fave type of films are horror and childrens fantasy (what a contrast!!)

im the type of person you can have a giggle with, cry with, be stupid/silly with, drink with, dance with, have fun with, [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

if you want to know anything more about me, just ask!

hi im lisa, 33 married to Damian and we have 2 daughters. Erin is 6yrs old and Georgia is 2yrs old. we live in ireland. im a stay at home mom, but im a qualified electronics tech.i have a keen interest in, funnily enough, all things medical! i know the medical encyclopedia backwards and love medical programmes especially real life doc's.
    i have this phobia. it takes over my life , every day is a challenge. im ok with the world as long as you or me dont v*! other people v* is worse for me and with a family of young children its very tough. i take out my anger on my husband, because he is the closest to me! he doesnt understand this bloody phobia, he thinks i should get over it! so glad i found this site, its become my best friend. someone i can truly relay my phobia to and know that everybody else feels the same as me! thank you IES.xxxxxxxxx lisa
    life is tough sometimes....to love me you have to understand me
    !

I'm Alex. I'm 18 years old and I live in Idaho. My passion is anime (Japanese animation). My favorite series are Hellsing, Trinity Blood, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Gundam 00 and D. Gray-Man. I love dance music; I'm always listening to my music! I'm quite a mama's girl. Edited by: idahorose

My name is Lili. I'm 17 years old, and I'm a senior in high school. My hobbies are singing, playing piano, writing fiction, and acting in musicals. I plan on majoring in vocal performance when I start college next year. I dye my hair unnatural colors. I listen to a lot more British music than I do American music. I have four cats who I love very much.

My fear didn't begin until I was about 14, around the time I entered high school. I can't rememeber any specific incident that could have initiated it. I have a very specific fear of the sound, above all else. I'm lucky in that I don't often feel like I have to opt out of activities just because of it, but I panic in situations where facing it is a possibility, and I'm completely devastated for ages when I actually have to face it.

I'm Justin, 42, a writer/editor living in New York City. My fears started when I was 22 and came down with a mystery stomach ailment that caused constant nausea (but no v*, because I fought it). I know today that ailment was almost certainly stress. Unfortunately, no doctor in 1988 even considered that.

My emet today is fairly mild - it generally only surfaces in winter, with all the sv stories in the press, and anecdotal stories of people at work/ friends of friends getting sick. I'm tired of this fear. I have v'ed ONCE in my 42 years on this planet, so it's just not rational to worry about it every night. Lots of information here has already helped me.

Hello everyone!

My name is Anna and I'm currently a senior in high school, but I will be studying at Cornell University come next fall. I plan on majoring in entomology, as I love insects and spiders especially.

I also love children, but I'm afraid of having my own one day because of morning sickness. Hopefully, my emetophobia will pass. I've had it for as long as I can remember really. Even as a little child, if I felt slightly sick, I wouldn't eat for days because I was afraid of v****ing.

I was part of another forum that disappeared one day, so I'm moving on. This one seems to have a lot of friendly people willing to help and support one another.

Hi Anna-

Where I grew up in Central Florida, we have huntsman spiders, imported in fruit from Asia, that are the size of a full-grown man's hand - fingers outstretched. I think the latin name is heteropoda venatoria.

When you graduate from Cornell and become an entymologist, can you please find a way tosend them all back to Asia for me? [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Justin

I'm Ryan, 23 year old college senior at Union University in Jackson, TN. I've had emetophobia for as long as I can remember, even before I knew there was such a thing even.

Well, Hi!
    I'm Kalena, I'm 15 born and raised in California! I just recently discovered that there was such a thing as emetophobia, and that there was other people like me! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img] I guess mines not really that bad, I have a fear of seeing people v* or "huu" which my friends call it. I don't really know how the fear came along (Probably because of seeing a friend of mine spend a whole PE period v****ing), it's mostly seeing other people "huu".

Hello All!

My name is Stephanie (Steph. I am 38 years old and have a 5 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. I love to read and work out..I am very into fitness ..running and lifting weights. I have been married 8 years. I am addicted to this site.....I stay at home with my kids.

I would post a pic..but I can't get the msnbc site to come up??

I'm Caroline, 18 years old and I live in North Florida.

I dropped out of high school and now I'm doing really well at the local community college. I am applying for transfer to a bunch of schools in New York, California and Oregon.

I have had emetophobia since I was an infant. My parents are incredibly understanding and supportive. As are my friends and my boyfriend.

I love to read and to play outside. I am good at obsessing over other people's blogs on the internet. I don't like children or dogs because you have to live by their schedule and I don't like it when I'm not in control of my schedule--which is why I dropped out of school.
    Crayon

Wow good idea!
    I am Erin, 18, born and raised in milwaukee wisconsin. Land of cheese and stomach flu outbursts .
    I am a senior in high school, and will be graduating this june! I hope to attend college in DC, i love it there, it is my true happy place.
    I have an amazing older sister who helps me as much as she can, but other than that my family doesn't do much to help my emet.
    I love to read, listen to music, talk lol. I am a huge fan of the tv shows Greys Anatomy, Sex and the City, and Weeds.
    Um, i think thats most of it...
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

Hey Caroline where are you exactly? I'm in Gainesville, a UF grad student.

I can't remember if I did this before or not? haha. Hopefully I am not repeat myself on here or I'll feel dumb. :P

Alright, my name is Sarina. I am 17 years young, 2 months from the big 1-8! yay. I was born and raised in Williamsport, Pennsylvania and to say the least cannot wait to move out and into the real world! I plan on attending college locally next year for mass media communications / journalism. I enjoy music, snowboarding, writing, photography, animals, good films and literature. I have an amazing boyfriend of two years who is very supportive on helping me overcome this, friends whom I love to death for sticking through this with me every step of the way and an adoring family whom I cannot thank enough for everything they've ever done for me. I am quite the adventurer and would rather be out in nature then cooped up inside, but lately my emet has been getting to me. I find, also like others, it gets really worse for me in the winter time. Hopefully I can overcome this soon and get on with my life. :]
    "He has not learned the lesson of life who does not every day surmount a fear."