Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i can't find a job that suits the phobia. there's always
    fluorescent lights, public spaces, sick people and i am afraid before work
    and during that i'll have a stomach ache, catch a flu, get food poisoning, etc.

i work as a late night cleaner, i am alone, no social contact, it's perfect, only
    i don't make enough money, and i'd rather die than have the corresponding
    anxiety symptoms every day at a regular job, but i can't find anything and i
    am struggling financially.</font>

any suggestions?

i'm interested in this topic also, iv not had a job befor, and this emet effects my confidence, and also my social confidence.. its caused a lil bit of social phobia, so im after a suitable job.

and sorry, i didnt mean to snoop in, i hope u find a suitable job!

What about something you can do from home, like editing if you have good grammar/writing skills? Tutoring one-on-one?

I worked as a secretary at a car dealership and was never faced with any scary emet moments. It was a pretty lame job but it wasn't scary.

Sadly, most higher paying jobs will come with some risks. Maybe you would find after awhile at a job, that you can cope and beat this phobia (at least a little). Good luck!
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I can't work because of my anxiety. Not so much my emet just my fear of being trapped.
    I get fired because I freak out and run out on my job.

I have probably had more jobs than anyone on here...lol. I have done EVERYTHING known to man. I even worked in a huge crowded nightclub as an exotic dancer, and you know what that means, dirty money everywhere... sharing bathroooms with more than 100 other girls. I never once got a s*v*...and there were man times I came in close contact with people who had it while working. But then again, this phobia doesnt affect my work or anything like that. I panic about getting sick, but not until i hear someone else has it. I dont worry before that so im not sure if this helps you at all...

I work in a childcare center and have to face it head on a lot. It's horrifying but most days, the joys of the job make it worthwhile.

I think you will have to deal with risks with any occupation unfortunately, there are only ways of minimizing the risk. Unless you could maybe work from home as musicmaam suggested.Edited by: beachy_keen

i work in a bridal shop and love the job, i have to deal with alot of customers, but luckily not many people want to come and try on there future wedding dress if they feel sick! lol [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I'm a teacher and have been for 7 years. I have had several expereinces with v*, but I have never caught anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.