Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by shiva
    I am thinking of becoming certified in massage therapy and taking my teacher training in yoga. I would like to keep my lab job- as I love it and teach yoga and massage/baby massage to pregnant couples on the side. Who knows?

Just to let you know, my mom is a certified Iyengar yoga teacher and also helps to run a teacher training program here in Boston with Patricia Walden...if you really love yoga, it's well worth it!!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I am an elementary school music teacher...currently, grades 2-5...it used to be preschool-8th grade!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I am a radio DJ for a Country Radio station. It's fun! I love it! I work alone and it's pretty emet friendly.....I always wipe down the keyboard, mouse, phones, microphone, control board and stuff with Clorox wipes and stuff!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

i work with a welfare to work program for women...lots of contact with the public, lots of sick kiddos. Its hard, but i really enjoy my job most of the time and I just kind of make myself deal with it. The mothers always bring their kids in sick which really aggitates me sometimes. While I was putting my self through school I worked as a waitress and then as an HR Director for a large car dealership... Katsasmom-I totalyl hear you on the sexual harassment bit!! Madison'smom-I LOVE you carlton banks avatar...way TOO funny!!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

I am an office manager for a video game company, only normal office emet worries there. I used to be a makeup artist for MAC, but got out of the business because I couldnt handle touching people all day. Video gaming is a fun industry. Dont feel like I will ever grow up. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I also to volunteer work for a sexual assult center. I do crisis intervention counseling and victim advocacy. I have been on the line for a couple months now, but havent been called to the hospital yet for any face to face assistance. I am terrified of that day, but I will deal with it as it comes.

I cant believe how many of you work in the medical field, or are teachers. Much respect to all of you who deal with their fears to do what you love!

--Kim

I had a job at a Macy's for a few months as a Sales Associate (primarily selling lingerie and sleepwear), never had to deal with v* there. I really liked the job, but I had to quit when I moved for college this fall. Now, I'm looking for a new job. I applied to a bunch of places this week, and will be doing more of that today... I'm getting desperate for a job. Hopefully I can find another retail one,I likedretail andI miss working. Oh and Kim, I'm jealous! Working for a video game company has always sounded like such a cool job. Edited by: confusedgirl

Kim have you seen the movie Grandma's Boy? It's about this guy who works at a video game company, it's hilarious!
    ***Elvia***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I havent seen that one, but I will check it out!

It is really fun working at a video game company, but they work really hard too. Long hours and such. But I love the people.. I am one of three girls in the company, out of 45. I love working with guys, alot less drama. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] I reccomend it highly!

--Kim

haha I wanna work for a video game company! which one do you work for?

It's a division of Activision. We just finished a Tony Hawk game for the new Wii system. If any of you are into gaming, the Wii system is super fun!

--Kim

I just quit my waitressing job after 8 years! I started when I was 16...now Im trying to figure out what to do. Anything is better than working with food again. Has anyone had success with working at home?[COLOR=MAGENTA]</font>

I'm currently working as a Paralegal at one of Australia's top law firms in Sydney, while I finish off my law degree. I'm also studying psychology, but just for fun really.

It's funny how studying psychology for 3 years hasn't taught me anything about phobias. How ironic.
    Lauren xx

I am not doing anything as I am too unwell but hope to train to be a meridian therapist soon.

in only 13 but i wana become a neonatologist. thats where you take caro of little babies that were just born. i watch the deliveries on tv alot and they dont bother me.

im 13 and i want to be a ballet dancer until i retire (which is or can be
    as early as 30 because your feet get so messed up) but also go to
    college to be an obstetrician, and in terms of my emet i think it would
    be pretty safe except for the occasional v*in labor but thats rare.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

ok....1 year ago i switched jobs....i am now a legal secretary and i have my own things so i keep it really clean!

I'm doing my A-levels and after these I hope to go to uni to study Forensic Computing. I hope that being in a computer lab working wont be as bad as an office? Well i can only hope!

I work part time at Boots (a sort of health/beauty/drug store) and i really enjoy my job, I find it really interesting seeing what people buy. The worst part is dealing with sick staff! this one girl ALWAYS comes in ill and it gets on my nerves. I work in the cosmetic and beauty essentials department so im not really dealing with the sick people that go to the pharmacy!

Funny, I thought I'd already posted in this thread...mabye because I carry on about wanting to study speech pathology next year in every other topic...so, that's what I'll be doing if my grades are high enough! (They should be, unless I v* from panic in the English exam, the big one...!)

I currently work as an Associate Editor of a weekly Italian American newspaper, and on the weekends I work at a clothes store called Mandee. I'm still in school but I think I'd want to continue in journalism. Maybe move onto to something in New York, like magazines or web or something, LoL.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch04133

I am a 911 Dispatcher.* I dispatch police, fire and EMS.*

Doesn't really affect my emet, but when the guys come in after arresting someone I always make sure they wash their hands before touching any food and stuff.
    I am also a 911 dispatcher. I dispatch for police and fire (EMS). I love my job, and it is pretty emet friendly. The only time I have trouble is when I am on duty by myself! I can't just get up and leave the room! Thankfully, I have someone in there with 90% of the time. And the job can get stressful when the phones are ringing off the hook, but I love it.

I work for a garment manuracturing company based out of HK. It's a very small office setting w/ only 6-8 people. There is only one bathroom that's not very private. So far it's been okay emet wise. I hope it stays that way. Nobody at my work knows about my phobia.

I have very high admiration for teachers and those who work in the medical profession. I wish I had what it took to work in the medical field somewhere. I think it's fascinating and I would love to be able to help people.

I work in an office doing medical billing. We don't have any patients here. Some of the papers and stuff come from the hospital's surgery rooms and have blood and stuff on them once in a while. But I never touch them. That freaks me out!
    My office has about 20 people in it. I sit right by the bathroom. One time a co worker got sick in the bathroom and I heard her coughing. Then she just went back to her desk and kept working. She gets sick all the time so it's no big deal to her. Other then that I don't come in contact with it.

I work in a french fashion designer store, there's no problem with V* so that"s pretty cool but nowadays, i feel like in "Clerks", I grew tired of the customers and That is not cool !
    Le Paroxysme de la Tranquilité.

Compulsory good manners.