Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Don't watch it!

It has one of the addicts v* out the window as they were driving along.

ugh.
    [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

It makes me so mad that they just show that stuff on tv with no warning or anything. I have not seen this commercial but I have seen others that show it. At least now if it comes on I can turn the chanel or look away.
    Thanks for the warning.

usually i'm pretty good with that stuff but sometimes I just cannot handle it.

Saw the show and that very scene by accident, it was Rodney King who was majorly, MAJORLY drunk at work. A coworker was driving him home. Was way too graphic, I hate shows that get off on that kind of shock value. I understand the impact, but it is not necessary to show it. What happened to "we won't show you, but you know what happens next" implications? Edited by: trescue

i saw that...and it was so gross too!

Glad I missed it. See, thats why I don't drink.

katsamsmom3 how long did it take you to get that image out of your head? Its been a week since I saw the show and still plays over in my head but it isn't as vivid as it was the first few days after seeing the stupid thing. Im with you kellybeth, no alcohol for me either.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Edited by: trescue

it still bothers me...i know they want to get the point accross...but jeez...EVERYONE knows what happens when you drink too much and going through withdrawl....

it was not a pleasant scene!

Still bothers me too, every time I see Rodney King I get that "oh no! avoid!" panic association. And yes, I agree with you. Too graphic, implied would be enough. They could have cut the scene and returned and we all would have known it, didn't need to see it. Too much information!!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

I saw it, more graphic that I thought it would be...

I know I'm going to date myself but when I think of Rodney King I think of "Can't we all just get along" [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

There was another v* scene in another commercial for another reality show...hosted by *i think* 50 cent. Some dude just v*'s everywhere...ick! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Good Grief...I went to the movies last week and one of the "previews" was a first person view of some drunk idiot at a club who walks up to some girl, leans over and v*. Since it was from his point of view, it was a close up of the nastiness. Then it comes up and says "Dont be that guy". It was disturbing, especially since they showed the go-get-your-popcorn-and-soda ad right after that.

Oh~and since the last season of celebrity rehab...I cannot bring myself to tune in. It's sad that we now have to be wary of commercials. Thank goodness for TIVO.

Ha Im embaressed to say that I had seen the stupid thing Tivo'd!! Overestimated my reflexes! Turns out I suck at it! LOL

Yes this was really graphic, but thank God it wasn't a close up and it was far back enough - that commercial you were mentioning, jamie77 sounds horrific. Did you have to leave after that? I think, no I KNOW, Id have had the "fight or flight" symptoms and the movie I went to see would have been a blurr behind the commercial playing over and over in my head. Id have had a hot flash, legs week, heart pounding and a wave of terror. How did you handle it?

Also, I think that's why they were so graphic with Rodney King, jkl81, to see where he came from, to what he's become really was pretty sad. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

It was horrific. I was a bit shaken for a few minutes, but no way, no how was I leaving...I was there for the opening night of Saw 5. [img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img] After about 15 min. or so I was able to munch my popcorn and chocolate!

was saw 5 any good?

another show that sucked was i love money.seems like they were v* too much on there too.