Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

You'd think that after a dozen flights in less than four years I'd get used to it, but nope. I have a couple of flights coming up in January. I'm going to a conference to present my research, and it is important that I remain as calm as possible to keep my mind on science and not on my stomach! I'm putting together a 'survival kit' to take with me, and I thought I'd post here to get suggestions.

I plan on bringing: pepto bismol, chewing gum, my iPod full of funny audiobooks, bottled water, newspaper & alcohol wipes (the smell of these supposedly calms your stomach).

I'm thinking of bringing hand sanitizer, not because I'm anxious about germs (that's one side-effect of emetophobia that I've never had), but because for some reason the feeling of having sweaty hands makes my nausea worse. I'm debating whether or not to try dramamine or to ask a doctor for anti-anxiety meds. I might bring some menstrual heat pads. I've never tried it before but I have a feeling that it might help, since my body tenses up when I'm anxious and the heat could relieve some of the tension.

What would you bring? Anything I haven't thought of?

Wow, you've got it pretty much covered, at least in my book. I would bring my knitting to calm myself down but I don't suppose you knit
    Visit my handmade jewelry blog!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message!

I'd take some of my faveourite sweeties. I love malteasers more than anything, and they definately cheer me up at the end of the day!