Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: tattoo

I'm getting inked!!! LOL. I want to know if anyone here has any tattoos and if so maybe you can share your expierence with me.

So here's the details. I want it in the middle of my lower back-where Britney Spears has her heart. It's not gonna be very big--maybe about the size of a tennis ball. It's gonna be a butterfly and since I LOVE leopard print--the wings are gonna be leopard print!! LOL. I'm tickled by that!

So how does it feel? I'm scared I'll pass out. Ever since I passed out from getting blood taken needles kinda freak me out. Like at the vets office I can't even watch him giving my animals a shot. And what about nausea? Any of that? And can you get ink poisoning from tattoos?

Hopefully someonecan help!!!

I'm gonna give myself abouttwo weeksto lose 5lbs and tone my back so it's not disgusting looking. LOL. Well...bye
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Oh weve had this topic a few times, get ready for a ton of replies.

I have a celtic knot on my left leg =) It was done in baby blue ink
    with black cherry highlights. I had it done just because I wanted one,
    and also to match a piece of jewelry my special someon has worn for a
    long time. Everyone who sees it says its done really great, its so
    bright! Ive had it for two years and it still looks good. I winced
    while I got it done, but I am a TOTAL WIMP and I didnt even cry. Feels
    like a long, continuous cat scratch. Just gotta keep it lotioned for
    the first few days. It was a bit sore the next day when I walked but
    not unbearable or anything! Enjoy The butterfly in the lower
    back is like some sort of fad- everyone is doing it right now lol. But
    at least its not something silly like getting a cartoon character right
    out in the open, so when youre 70 you have a wrinkled tinker bell on
    your gut like someone my boyfriend and I know [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] no offense to anyone who has anything similar! lol

Oops- I typed a response and then accidentally cleared it. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I was just gonna say that when I had my belly button done (I know it's not the same) I was nauseated from thinking it was going to hurt, but I just sat there and had it done anyway. In a few minutes, I was fine. I think it'll be the same way for you - good luck!

I had my bellybutton done before. It hurt!! LOL. Got infected and had to remove it. But I'm getting it done soon again!! I'll have to be blindfolded cause I cant stand needles now. LOL
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I have a big tribal dragon that take my whole higher back. I so love my tatoo... I'll have one more in a few weeks, a celitc knot on my ankle and in 2 months my third, a little faerie on my breast. Tatoo is my new drug LOL!!!! And i don't think that it hurts so much. Like the girl who tattoed me said, it's like having a baby; it hurts but you are so happy that you forget SOOOOOOOO fast!!!! LOL

Marie
    I\'m in fight for my soul, but i\'ll win.

I love tattoo's lol, i have a little butterfly on my arm and my daughters name, Abby. I also have a winged heart on my stomach. The heart was very very painful, i was told that the stomach and chest are the most painful places to have tattoo's done. It does hurt but its not unbearable its more like an annoying feeling that u want to swat away lol

And as for feeling sick, i was really worried about this but because of the pain, you kind of concentrate on that so you probably wont feel sick at all. My tattoist talks the whole time which is nice, cept when he cracks jokes when hes tattooing my stomach and im tryin not to laugh lol

Im hoping to get a tattoo done on my back, but i cant decide what i want, something tribal, if you guys have any pics id appreciate it, email them to [email protected]

thanks guys.

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

O got both my nipples pierced and my eyebrow
    the ears.. theyre pierced everywhere
    but this is about tattoos I got a medium angry taurus on my
    bicep.. getting two more small tatoos of the bass and treble cleff
    since music is a huge part of my life I LOVE THE PIANO
    and ill get em tattooed in my legs r something.
    I just didn't eatprior to the piercings or the tatoos.. thats all

I have six.....and one is right where you are going to get yours!! It was not bad at all!! There were a few strange places..when he hit nerves..that made me twitch!!

I was scared..but didnt get nauseas..or come even remotely close to throwing up!!

you will be just fine!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Kmarie? A nerve? Can't that paralyze you or make you lose feeling? *scared*
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I think she means that it kinda hits a spot that makes u twitch, like a nerve ending, its just a little more sensitive, im like that too....
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

I've never had a tatoo done, but I did have my nose pierced! I got all faint and woozy from the needle, but only 'cause I worked myself up.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

No hun..you are not going to get paralized!! it was a nerve ending..thats all..it made my butt cheek twitch

No need to worry..it was my least painful..and one of my favorite tattoos!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

I would love to have my name spelled out in Egyptian heiroglyphs (sp?) in a cartouche on my shoulder, but I've not plucked up the courage yet! My next-door neighbours both have tatoos, so I could ask them where they got them done - one day I will! Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes, Jill xxx

i had my belly pierced last week! ( a little too young for tats unfortunately )
    I didn't feel nauseated, just scared! My piercing lady was super nice, and i really want to get inked when im older...hah

I want a tat, ever so much. But Im not doin it yet for two reasons- because Im not just sure what I want, n because the idea of sitting still in the place for any length of time seems awful to me- its too trapping for me, Id panic. Still, I shall do it eventually.

eternity- you can leave anytime you want and come back actually. many
    people get the outline done and then weeks/months later go get it
    colored.