Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: help?

has anyone ever tried exposure therapy to get relief from this phobia? I would appreciate hearing from anyone! Thanks

nope way too scared to do..

I looked at Sage's thing.... it starts with just the letters v*. Then vo*** then vom** etc. It was really easy for me but I don't think I have it as bad as some. It takes like 36 photos before you get to someone with it actually happening. And no videos. So you can take your time. It is also cool bc she describes exactly what you are going to see so if it seems too much, you don't have to click on it, you are not caught off guard. I'm sure she has the link somewhere.
    Then bc I was so confident I went to ratemyv*.com I know it's crazy but I do think it helps a little. I am still really scared and have lots of behaviors that stem from my fear which I still indulge in, but I am able to kind of calm myself down usually. But I haven't had some scary situations recently like some of the people on here. I look at it every few days just to force myself to freak out a little so I can practice relaxing. I don't know if that is how you are supposed to do it, but I can't afford therapy and seems to work a little.
    Sorry so long, Lily, I hope that's helpful.

Hi Jenny 98 Thank you for your response. Who is Sage? I also am not debilitated by my fears...but they are very real and anxiety producing at times! I read about all the people on this site that are so scared and it makes me so sad! I sometimes feel that exposure therapy cannot be as bad as what its like to face this everyday. Thank you for your advice and support.
    Lilypily

Hi drifting goddess
    thank you for your reply. do u ever think that exposure therapy might be easier than living with this constant fear? I wonder myself...which is worse!

i cant look at the words say them, it gives me chills but i dont know if i could go as far as pictures, videos, stories.. i dont know if this would help with the fear, but that list of things emets do that is on this site, i printed that off, and high lighted everything i did or discribed me, and im going to start with the first one and work my way down the list to correct the issue. then make my own list and do the same thing.

good for you! Let me know how it goes!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

i def. will i hope it works, its worht a shot.

Hi Lily!
    I'm Sage!

Please click on the link in my signature line and check out my help website with all sorts of articles about treatment and such. I think you'll find it really helpful.

You can PM me here anytime (I'll be notified by email) if you have questions about the treatment programs.

Take care and good luck!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.