Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Right now I'm shaking with chills and fear. I was starting to doze off and then my stomach started acting up with bloating, gas and burning.

I went to the bathroom and had a BM and tons of gas but I'm still scared. As I right this I'm sucking on ginger candy. I already took one ginger capsule and Unisom and waiting for that to kick in.

One reason that my panic is worse is because I rarely eat heavy foods at dinner but tonight I had vegetarian hot and sour soup from the chinese restaurant and it was spicy. In addition I had a greasy vegetarian eggroll and I keep tasting it when I burp.

I've been going through a very tough time with my personal life and having emetophobia makes it worse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am in the same boat with stomach feeling of, but i believe mine to be just gas.
    It sounds like you are doing everything right, and it also doesn't sound like you have an sv or will v*
    It's probably just a combo of nerves and what you ate!
    It happens to me often, just try and calm down a bit and see if you can let sleep take you again.
    I will be on for a bit if you need to talk or something
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

It sounds like it's just gas and maybe some indigestion. If you don't usually eat heavy or sometimes bothersome foods and then tonight you did right before bed, that could definitely explain it. I hope you're feeling better now

I don't know if you have or have heard of Gas-Ex, but it works absolute wonders for situations like yours. I can't even say how many times I've been freaked out that something was wrong, taken some Gas-Ex and felt better very shortly after.

Chinese food - I love it, but they use MSG (also known as monosodium glutamate or e number E621) in it which can cause (amongst a whole load of other effects) bloating, n*, d* & stomach cramps so it was probably that combined with having something spicy.

These days if i have a chinese meal then i just know to expect eruptions afterwards [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hope you got back to sleep and feel a lot better today Edited by: paulinek

It sounds like gas to me, the burning will be indigestion from the spicy food.

Well I survived last night. I ran to the bathroom a few more times and the Unisom kicked in. I'm still a little gassy but feeling better.

BTW, the chinese restaurant we went to doesn't use MSG.

Friend me on Facebook