Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: My pet died :(

Hi all,

My pet hamster, Baileys died today, my boyfriend found him laying there in his cage about an hour ago and we have just buried him

I know it probably sounds silly to some of you seeing as I am 21 and had a hamster, but I had become very attached to him as he was nearly 3 which is old for a hamster and I used to go and give him a little cuddle whenever I felt upset and somehow it just made me feel better.

I know that probably solunds ridiculous, but I really am going to miss Baileys (I named him after my favourite drink)

Anyway, I just felt like I needed to write something about him.........
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=BLUE>Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Carolinexx</font></font>

awww i kow how u feel.

i get very very attached to pets! its not silly at all.

RIP to Bailey. u can still talk to him! however silly that sounds!

anyway, im sorry [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I had a hamster that lived four years! I missed him a lot when he died,
    too. Actually I lost a dear pet last week, too. My 16 year old cat
    died[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] so we are in the same boat.

I hope you feel better soon, no matter how large or small, a pet is a
    member of your family and it is always okay to be sad when they leave.

It does not sound silly to be so upset over this. The death of a pet is very difficult. I have a gerbil right now who is about two years old and I know his time is coming. This gerbil has very special meaning to me because I dumped him and his brothers and sisters by the creek when I was sick and tired of their cannibilism. The next day I went down to the creek tothrowfood down and I saw him laying in the grass, wet and stiff as a rock. I thought he was dead but I picked him up and he moved a tiny bit. He was so cold and stiff. I brought him home crying my eyes out and my mom held a hair dryer over him for about an hour and he slowly perked up and stood up. He was stumbly but started eating a peanut. And because of that whole ordeal he carries the name Creek. He is special to me and when he dies I'll be devasted. He's my best pal.

I'm sorry you lost your buddy.Take care.Edited by: mystikal star
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Thank you all for your kind words:

Jen: I know what you mean by "talking to him" I still do that for pets that died years ago - I get very attached to pets too

Chibi: I am sorry to hear about your cat, it must have been so hard to lose him/her after all that time, and you're right they do start to feel like a member of the family

Mystikal: That was so kind of you to save that little gerbil! They are really adorable. Make the best of him while he is still with you, that's what I say. Thats a really sweet name, too!

Thank you all again, you're all really good people [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=BLUE>Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

Carolinexx</font></font>

I am so sorry to hear about this. Losing a pet is very hard.

Miriam

</font>

Caroline,

It is NOT AT ALL silly to be upset about this!!! I too get very attatched to my pets...even my pet fish who unfortunately don't have very long life spans. Sorry about Baileys and sorry about your cat, Stephanie!They arein a better place now, remember that andthey arelooking down on you guys, smiling, thanking you for the love you gave them and for making their time here enjoyable!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Remember all the good times you guys shared!! Losing a pet in any way is very hard! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

So sorry to hear about your loss. It's sad to lose someone close to us, even if they're a furry someone.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I had a suicidal hamster once. He used to get out of his cage a
    run to the elavators in the hallway. The last time he got out he
    jumped off the balcony and landed in the snow[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] stupid hamster. So sorry your hamster died...it's always sad when a beloved hamster dies.

aww hun BIG BIG HUGS&gt;

Hamster, rat, rabbit whatever it was a pet that you cared for. You named him, cared for him and animals are sooo damn cute. It is just wonderful that you can be open and sensitive about it.
    I am sure you don't just want to RUSH OUT and get a new one, but when you are ready it is great to giveyour love to another little pet that can recieve your love.
    Take care.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

*Hugz and my sympathy*

Its not silly at all! I've had my fair share of pet loses, and its really, really tough, because you do get very attached to them.

Although THIS may sound silly, they are still they with you because they loved you, and will be an angel that will be with you wherever, whenever. Baileys's here with you now, and if you talk to her, she'll hear you. She is with you hunn. She's right there with you.

Please know that I am thinking of you.

Rest in peace, Baileys. May you be blessed with happiness in heaven and always.

EDIT: Here is a little poem that helps me feel better when my pets die: *sorry it wrote itself 4 times and I culdn't fix it...but its not long just the same poem over and over. SORRY! I culd delete it if you want....*

<TABLE cellPadding=10 width="90%">
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top>Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD colSpan=2>All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

<TABLE cellPadding=10 width="90%">
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top>Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD colSpan=2>All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

Yo

Aw that's really sweet, Laura. Thank you!

Carolinexx</font></font>

I've had 6 hamsters. two of them have died... I know how you feel
    V******* is ok as far as I don\'t know anything about it.

-Nira

pets are priceless. they love you no matter what you look like, or act like, its very uncontional. they protect you, cuddle you, kiss you, and only want love in return.

theres not alot of people I can say the same about. Its totally understandable to feel sad when a pet dies. I feel sorry for people who don't get attatched to animals.

my kitty is very old and I don't know what I'd do without her. she keeps me sane sometimes!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Being 21 and having a hampster is NOT sill at all! I got twor ats for my 21st birthday!

Lossing a pet is one of the hardest things to go through. Theya re often our ebst friends..our confedants! I have only had my ratties for three weeks and already they are my babies!!!

Dont hesitate to grieve over Baileys...but also dont be afraid to move on and maybe get a new hampster (or other pet). Baileys will never be replaced

So sorry for your loss...he is looking down on you from the rainbow bridge and is there for you when you need to talk..i am sure of it!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks