Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

eh, I'm not trying to be "controversial" or trying to "rock the boat", as you guys seem to have a hard time handling any of that but..

for what it's worth, last winter the only people I know who didn't get influenza were people who didn't get that silly vaccine. All the people who took it seemed to have hard time, while those who didn't, felt fine during the whole time.

make of it what you will.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

I
    have to agree with skon. I didnt get the flu shot last year because of
    being pregnant but my daughter didnt get it either and she was fine. My
    husband did and he did GET the flu! Go figure!

Miriam

</span></font>

Mystikal Star...

I have no idea what they may be called where you are but over here(the UK) we have little pots of dairy drinks called Probiotics.These are called good bacteria because they replace what you may lose due to illness or taking anti-biotics(antibiotics do not attack your immune system but interfere with the natural flora and fauna of bacteria in your digestive tract,this is because most antibiotics are what is called "broad spectrum",this simply means that they kill bacteria without prejudice,good and bad),I can testify to the effectiveness of Probiotics since I started myself and my children on them about a year and a half ago(they refused to eat live yoghurt,which is another great source).My children have been prescribed antibiotics a few times since and have had none of the usual tummy upsets that they would get,without fail,whilst taking the course.

I hope this helps.

Take care.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"You are a child of the universe,no less than the trees and the stars,you have a right to be here\" Max Erhmann
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    esiderata.

The flu shot covers one of the MANY strains of flu and is usually made in a country you don't live in...its worthless and actually weakens the immune system.

I believe school is where the germs start their spreading. If you think about it illness in general increases after the start of school. The kids all catch it easily then bring it home to mom and dad who then go to work and pass it on. Summer gives a bit of a break on the germs since all those little spreaders spend more time at home or in smaller groups.
    Also winter your first line of defense against germs is dry...your nose...heaters dry out the nasual membranes leaving your nose dry and unable to fight off the ger,s.

It weakens the immune system? Hmmm... I thought it just gave you symptoms of influenza and it goes away then you are less likely to get the flu. I guess not.

rhinoseri, do you mean you want to get a shot to protect you from the "stomach flu" or the real flu, influenza? If you get a flu shot, it will not protect you from gastroenteritis ("the stomach flu").

The stomach "flu" is an incorrect phrase. It is not the flu. Many doctors get confused when people say that they may have the flu becuase it is so commonly usedas another word forgastroenteritis, and they get confused whether it is the real flu, influenza, or not.

Peace. Elizabeth

exactly, influenza is a respiratory disease. a flu shot doesn't go after gastroenteritis.

elizabeth

Okay, just kidding... I'm actually not going to get the flu shot. I'll just stock up on hand sanitizer, and only eat food I prepare myself... I just can't get the flu...
    -Anna

I have just gone searching on the web and I have found that there is a vaccine for rotavirus, a type of gastroenteritis ("stomach flu"). I do not know where it has been released, but it is good that they have one for it.

LiZZy