Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

wekk, next weekend (the 28th and the 29th) Im moving out my house that i'lve lived with my parents in for 22 years and into a small apartment an hour away with my boyfriend.

Im going to be going to school there in the fall but Im kind of scared. Ive never lived away from home before and I don't know what to expect. especially witha guy! I love him so much and I can see him being the one I marry someday so Im not scared of moving in with him, just the fact I'll be away from my parents and stuff. I'ma bit of a sook.

but my birthday is the 29th! ( goooooo me haha) so all my friends are taking me out to the bars and stuff. I'll be 22. so that should take my mind off things (they all live in the same place, about an hour away).

I don't want to leave my cat, I'm so attacted to her I don't know what I'll do. As much as I want to take her I can't do that to her because I love her too much and can't stand to see her confined to a small apartment when kitties should be able to go outside and play. my boyfriend wouldn't have it anyways.

any advise to keep me sane with the moving and stuff? after I get there Im going to be internetless for awhile so I won't be able to come for a bit!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

ahhh good luck with the move!!! just make sure ur as organised as u can be.. so that the day runs smoothly without ne hiccups.

as for ur little cat an hour isnt that far really, im sure ur parnts will visit and u can visit them to see her/him!!

im glad you found someone whom u really get along with. hope it stays that way for a long long time.

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey there!

I am going to be in a similar boat as you sometime here prolly this coming year. I have never lived anywhere else, and like you it'll be my first move. Its not happening anytime soon, but I know its definately in the near future! I wish I had advice for you, maybe it will help to know others have gotten thro it, just as we are going to have to. Im sure once you get settled in, that new place will feel like home to you, and you always have us too!

yeah, people have gotton thru it. iv moved lots and lots of time in my life, about to move AGAIN, this friday, after moving only 3 weeks ago.

i still hate it, each time brings a LOT of anxiety with it... but the main thing to remember is, just because ur somewher different, doesnt mean ur ne less " safe". if u get what i mean.

Jen xxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know what you feel...Awww.... i live with my boyfriend only since 2 months, at almost 2 hours of road from most of my friends and parents.... Away from our great home, in a 4 pieces appartment....I can't say that it's not hard, but it needs time.... i'm not yet completely used to it, but i try every day to feel better in my new home even if it's hard! But when you'll be in all your stuff, at YOUR place you will feel better!
    I\'m in fight for my soul, but i\'ll win.

I moved 2 provinces over!! 14 hours away from home!!! Me and my best friend packed up my car and drove out, actually my dad drove us out. It was hard adjusting, because we moved around a alot until we found our own place. But it's really exciting, you'll enjoy it!

Good luck!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I have just moved in with my boyfriend and I have been loving it. It does take some getting used to but we have been in our flat 3 weeks and I feel pretty settled here now. The first couple of week s we did not stop, we would get in from work and be off buying things (then the money ran out!) . We have been sharing the housework (start as you mean to go on) but its lovely being able to do our own thing and watch what we want on TV. Good luck. I am sure it will be fine.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Awww you will be fine! Its fab having your own house! When i moved out i was only just 18, i had to move because i had my daughter and for the first few weeks i kept goign to stay at my parents for a few nights every week lol, but i know u wont be able to do that. After a few days tho it will feel like home and u will wonder why u were bothered! U can bugger the washing up, not hoover and not make ur bed lol

Seriously, its a great step in life!!

Hope the move goes well!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Good luck with the move! I am sure everything will be fine. I moved out of home when I was only 17 to live with my boyfriend(now luckily, ex!)4 hours away and I loved the independence.

I lived with him for 3 years, then we spilt up so I moved in with my Dad for a while - and let me tell you, once you've moved out of home, it is SOO hard to go back! You realise how much you love being your own person, in your own house with your own independece. I have now lived with my current boyrfriend for a year now and I absolutely love it!

You will be fine, best of luck to both of you and havea great birthday!
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=BLUE>Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

Carolinexx</font></font>

Wow, good for you and good luck with the move! I am sure that everything will go smoothly, and I am sure you will be very very happy in your new home. I am glad you have such a great person with you whom you love very much. You two will be happy in your humble home together. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

As for your cat, I am sure you will miss him/her very much, but you can always go back to him when you want to!

Have a great move and happy, happy birthday! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]