Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Raw Pork

This probably a dumb question.

So I bought some pork loin today at Safeway. Was walking home (just 15 minutes away) then I saw a good friend and we stopped and talked for about 1 hour.

My groceries were in the sun and it wasn't very hot today but now I am scared that the pork is spoiled.

I quickly went home, and the pork is still cool to touch.

Do you think it is okay to eat?? I am kinda nervous.. I keep reminding myself that it is okay.. but not sure if it is...

I hate emetophobia and anxiety!

Being the careful person that I am, I am sure that I would not eat it, but
    that's just me.

Yes the pork is fineto eat eapecially if it was cool to the touch
    Life is a wonderful ride.

Yes the pork is fineto eat eapecially if it was cool to the touch

-----------

I apologize for my paranoia ruling my opinion. I just feel as if karma will
    come back to me if I allow another person to v*/become ill.

I agree its fine... if it was warm, then I would wonder, but if it was still cool to the touch, you don't have anything to worry about as the outside would be the first to get warm.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

It's fine, as long as you cook it through thoroughly any nasties on it will get killed off in the cooking process anyway.

If it was something cooked like ham that's a bit different as you would be eating it without any further cooking.

If it's any help, we bought some chicken kebabs, burgers and various pasties, pies and quiches from a farm shop in county durham when we were out for a drive one (hot) day a few weeks ago then nipped over to the lakes then back to yorkshire and i was panicking as the food had been in the boot for about 5 hours by the time we got home but i was brave and ate it (it looked too good to waste!) and was absolutely fine, no tummy trouble at all.

I would eat it. Just cook it good. But if it makes you scared don't eat it. It is all about your personal comfort zone. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I too believe that it will be ok as long as it was still cool to the touch. Just cook it well!

It's probably okay. Especially since it was still cool. I've eaten meat that's been out for longer and it was fine.