Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

From the research I've read on the internet, hand sanitizers with the main ingredient of ethyl alcohol are not effective on viruses.

This morning a doctor was on Fox news and said that hand sanitizers with a minimum of 60% alcohol content will kill the H1N1 virus.

Edited by: centipede

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That is possible. There are different types of viruses and alcohol can kill some of them. Apparently alcohol sanitizers aren't effective in killing noro virus but are very effective against many bacteria and other viruses. I haven't read any research on their effectiveness against H1N1 but believe that doctor may be correct.

Yes the stronger alcohol ones kill the flu virus, just not noro which is the main one i'm worried about more than flu really. I don't know about in america but th eones here don't all seem to say what percentage the alcohol and things are so i just go on what they claim to kill on the label.