Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Has anyone tried Inositol? It's a B vitamin and the only thing that has ever really calmed me down.

It doesn't work like a drug you have to take it for several weeks at least before you see any benefitbut it has helped prevent some of the panic.

^^ i just saw this in another forum and decided to check up on it here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...t=59024&page=2

goneEdited by: tiki

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^^ LOL about the resurrection! HAHA! I'm a pretty active member at another type of forum and that forum hates it when people start new threads on old topics and i guess i resurrect old threads for that reason, it's a habit, it sounds like people here just start new threads on the same topic and don't care?

wow, and thanks for posting a pix!! HEHE, really helpful. I take them in pill form...i'm thinking that it's helping w/the obsessive thoughts, if not, then my liver is being detoxed, OH YEAH [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \'Meow!\' for goodness sake! Scratch, scratch, scratch. (Lightly of course)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Tiki, i heard a good amount and general guideline is to start off w/is 500mg and see how your body reacts to it (there are no side effects besides d* if taken in high dosages such as 4-6 grams i think, but i heard people taking up to 18 g?). General guidelines are just something to follow if you're a very cautious person. What was dosage amount that you heard about?

I started off taking 1g (1000 mg) and i felt fine, kinda felt a little calmer and well, every day i take up to 2 to 3 tabs spaced out so a total of (1500 mg), just because i like to do it this way, there's no other reason why. If you want, you can take it all at one time. I heard that if you take it before you go to bed, you'll have a great night sleep..and lately i feel like my dreams have been more vivid :-)...like i can remember what happened in them and i feel like i'm really there! Awesome huh?

I heard that it takes time for it to absorb in your body, like weeks or so, you could possibly not see any results...but on the other hand, don't even expect them to come, just take it and forget about it and not worry what it's doin to you.

Sorry, you ask one simple question and i reply w/one long answer...i guess that's just the way i am.

Let me know if you're going to try it. I don't see that there's anything to lose...i did some research on it and it's relatively super non-toxic to your body.

So, are you going to try it? [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Nice tiki, i'm happy to hear that you do research because i'm always willing to hear and learn about what other people find out.

Tiki, i'm just curious, how do you know your adrenals are damaged? I've been reading about adrenal exhaustion in my Anxiety and Phobia Workbook and that's it's usually caused by heavy stress...but, did you go to a doc. or somethin? And i hope you also don't mind, what are you taking for your adrenals?

Well, if you ever decide to try the inositol, give this thread a HOLLAR :-) hehe

Lol, i just noticed there's a pix posted of the adrenal supplement, how come i didn't see it before? Beats me.

So, you self-diagnosed yourself by just looking at symptoms that you might have online or in a book?

My goodness...ground up adrenal glands from a cow...ick! Just the sound of it is kinda cool and gross at the same time. Well, good luck and have fun w/those cow pills lol. But, why aren't you able to take the Inositol? Can't take it together w/the adrenal stuff? Inositol is pretty harmless imo...i take it on an empty stomach before bed or upon waking up.

The warning on the bottle is interesting...i've never had that on a supplement bottle before (they should absolutely have something like that on vitamins..viatmins can be so evil sometimes)..so i guess yes, you better eat some food w/it or sandwich it w/food.

I'm taking chelated magnesium/calcium 250mg:500mg, a high-potency daily multiple vitamin from Trader Joe's (very good stuff), 250mg vitamin C, 250 mg l-glutamine (really good if you workout, helps build muscle), 25mg B-6...and i'm thinking about throwing a b-complex into the equation but i hate seeing radioactive pee after 2-3 hours. Do you take a b-complex? And is there anything that you could recommend that gets absorbed into the body?

Well....i grew up taking vitamins and i absolutely believe in them even though medical doctors don't. I've always been 99% for taking care of my body, lol.

The things that i specifically believe would help and are helping my anxiety is Inositol and Mag/Cal.

And the same question back to you, what do you take?

What? You've never had the radioactive pee before? [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img] I guess not b/c you're using NOW brand. I'm going to check that brand out b/c i've used Nature Made in the past.

I take a digestive enzyme pill every time i have a meal, so, does that equate to having the same capabilities as when one eats fresh and raw organic fruits and veggies? I get like 2 bananas in a day and 1/2 an apple (those things give me GAS!) and lots of leafy green veggies. Actually, too much fruit isn't good for your body (because of the sugar). You read about how sugar is bad for the human body? I'm just curious how do people digest raw veggies...? Doesn't it produce a lot of gas? Or you just have to build up your tolerance to it slowly? Please enlighten me. My fiancee told me that vegetarians actually have a larger intestinal system than people that have a regular meat/veggie diet. True? lol.

Anyways, i just want to know if you've heard about the alkaline-diet and what are your thoughts about it?

I don't think i'd go that far with going to see a nutritionist to help my anxiety (that's what you're referring to right?). I really don't see any harm in doing so if you believe that i'd help your anxiety tremendously. I read the post about your Cuban heritage so...i think it's an intelligent decision you're making . Do you have a lot of food allergies or do you think that something you're eating might be contributing to a lot of your anxiety?

I don't know....i don't think there's anything that i'm eating that is particularly fueling my anxiety (though still having some merit in the emet equation). I know what i should eat in moderation and i fully respect that. I've just eaten so much junk in the past (when i didn't know my emet existed) and i know that it hasn't caused me any anxiety then...so, i know diet isn't one of my main focuses, though an important one i've chosen to incorporate into my lifestyle.

When time comes around and you decide to get the nutrition test done, i'd love to hear your results and how they're interpreted.

Thanks for your replies [img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img] .

I'm gone good luckEdited by: tiki

I really want to check that book out that you speak of. I'm going to jot that down now...seems like you've learned a lot of things from it which i'd be interested in.

Yes bananas have a lot of sugar in them, that's why i try not to go for the ones that have spots on them.

Take care, hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving hun.