Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: appetite drop!

i was just wondering if n e one else has this problem!

right normally i eat like a pig and dont tend to put on n e weight! i can easily eat 4 meals a day and snacks! but stay quite small!

but then every so often not related to my period my appetite completly drops! like last week i couldnt eat! my b/f ordered two 12inch pizzas for us i managed one slice and hadnt eaten n e thing all day and i felt so sick after eating it!!! it lasts about a week but i dont know y it happens!!!
    elizabeth jones

hmmmm sounds quite similar to me. My appetite changes - sometimes (usually like in 2 week blocks) I eat loads and eat loads of snacks (And dont put on weight either) but other times I can only eat 1 meal per day and not want any more food. Its a tough one and to be honest I dont know the answer. It could be a number of things like stress or increased excerise or less excerise, sleep any number of things really.

I'm sorry I havent been much of a help.

I get like this too. Actually, I have been feeling like this lately, and I think it has to do with the fact that I have to go to the dentist and havelots ofwork to bedone. So, I think it's anxiety/stress related. It has to be. I was like that before my wedding too. Once the wedding was over, it took me about two weeks, I think, to get my appetite back. Don't worry though. Your appetite will disappear sometimesand then it WILL come back. It always does for me. Are you stressed/anxious/nervous about anything? Melanie [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

It could be because I was due to start college where I dont know anybody! Yeah it must be that as it came back when I started!
    elizabeth jones

I do hate that though. Some people when they are stressed, can eat loads of food and others can't. Of course, I'm one of the ones who can't eat, and I hate it b/c I can drop weight so fast. The day after my wedding I weighed about 92 pounds. Now I weigh about 102 or something like that. So, at least, I gained some weight back. I'm glad your appetite came back. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

yeah i get times lke tht! times wen u look at food and just go.. " eugh - i aint touching that". its kinda lke tht now, for me, altho it may be because my emet has suddenly got a lot worse.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It seems like when the emet gets bad, the appetite gets bad too.

My appetites always pretty bad, because of emet. But some days i can eat fine,just not much and other days i literally cant swallow a thing...

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

For me this usually happens in the winter where my appetite drops completely because its the bug season and the less I eat the less I v*, so I think! But in the summertime I usually pig out too, unfortunately I am not blessed like others, I have to watch it because I can add the lbs quite easily!

Sometimes I like emet only for the reason that it slims me down!

I *love* food...BUT i cant eat as much as i'd like to sometimes. Sometimes i'm okay and eat as much as i can hehe, but like Sarahx said some days i dont eat much.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

When I get close to my period I have days that Im really hungery then days that i feel sick o.o Its quite weird.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Yup Yup I'm exactly the same. first I will eat everything in the house....and then I spend 2 days feeling sick to my stomach and not eating (Which is good since I usually ate everything the week before) Then as soon as my period comes its all sorted. Weirdness!

My Appetite is so bad right now, well thats a lie, I mean I get hungry I just cant seem to eat when I am not at home because of anxiety right now. It's not good news for a pig like me lol
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I used to not eat much but these days i eat like a PIG - despite v*ing twice this year it hasnt scared me enough to to stop tuffing my fat face (sorry - u can rpbo tell that i have a low self esteem at the mo!)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahx

My appetites always pretty bad, because of emet. But some days i can eat fine,just not much and other days i literally cant swallow a thing...

Sarah xxx
    god i know the feeling.
    I didn't have a problem with my eating last year, i was eating looads of chocolate, and pasta and chips etc etc.. but this year it's been crap for my emet, my meal times are really..structured.
    This year, I've lost weight because of my appetite loss ( this wasn't intended ), but by gathering a bit of puppy fat last year, left me with stretch marks on my ass, and i'm completely ashamed of wearing a bikini.
    I've never had weight issues, but always food issues, since my emet became a problem. When i was little, fearingv't was adaily occurance,but it didn't dominate every damned minute of the day.