Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Great site about food safety/when to toss it, etc.

I noticed a lot of you are posting about food related items and not knowing what is safe to eat or not. I came across this site recently and being new in the kitchen, it has helped me a lot. All you do is type in the food in question and it tells you how long you can keep it according to the current state that it's in (frozen, leftovers, etc.).

http://stilltasty.com/searchitems/search_page

It seems very legitimate and it's much better than calling all your friends and family and asking them, "but are you sure??" and making everyone smell the carton of milk. Because we've all done that

Default Re: Great site about food safety/when to toss it, etc.

haha omg i seriously call my mom and/or dad about twice a week with the "do you think it's still ok?" question. thanks for the post!

I think there used to be a sticky about that website on the old forum. It's been in my favourites for a long time. Maybe one of the admins here can sticky this thread for newcomers? Best site ever.
    'I am a sick man...I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I think my liver is diseased. Then again, I don't know a thing about my illness; I'm not even sure what hurts.'

Yeah, it was stickied at the old board. Probably should be again.
    Elizabeth

Thanks alexikiss, nice site!