Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New Here!

Smile New Here!

Hi everyone,

I have been a member of this site for a while (a couple of years at least) but have never posted anything until now. I've suffered from emetophobia for as long as I can remember and although I don't recall the event myself, my mother tells me it started after I was trapped in a car with my sick baby sister when I was three years old. I'm 24 now and lead a severely limited life due to this phobia. As it stands, I have never met another person (although I have been aware there are many out there) who suffers similarly so reading through all your posts here has been of great comfort to me.

I have reached the point where I am at a dead end. I don't know what to do with myself. I've never finished university, I've never had a proper job, I've never been in a relationship and all my friends seem to have given up on me because the things they're into (going out and getting wasted every night) are definitely not outings in which I would want to participate!l

I hope that by speaking up more on the board I will get to know you and learn your stories and feel less alone. I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Default Re: New Here!

i'm pretty new here myself....but welcome....just in the week i've been here i've learned alot.....and taken comfort in the fact that i am not alone. hoping at some point to be free of this....like you, it has totally dictated my life for 50 years.....i just recently got the nerve to tell my mom and sisters about it......they've always just thought i was weird i suppose.....but haven't discussed with any friends or husband......that day will come in time......i am getting more at ease about talking about it since i started coming in here.....again, welcome and see you around

I too am new and have also suffered for the last fifty years or so. My husband knows but not too many friends or other family members. Before I found this site recently, I thought I was the only strange one. It has been so good to read of other people going through exactly the same thing as I do.

nice to meet you.......hopefully we will all get better together......

Hi, I joined this fantastic forum today and just didnt realise how many of us there are out there! I thought it was just me being scared of anyone being sick. Holidays are the worst as I am anxious on the plane, and when my hubby goes diving and we are on the boat I am constantly watching to see if anyone is turning green. I am a retired nursery nurse and have had to deal with v* from time to time as it was my job but it wasnt easy at all. My colleagues new of my problem and offered to help me if the children were ill but I forced myself to deal with it! So nice to know I am not alone. I know I will be lurking on here a great deal now and no doubt be posting quite a few times as well.

Hello,
    I'm new to this site too. I am 33 and have had this phobia since I was a child. I think about it all the time and don't like to have much fun because I don't want to go anywhere that much or at least go far away. My husband knows and so do my friends and family but I think they think I'm just scared and don't like it. They probably have no idea it consumes my time all day.

I hope I can meet people with this phobia as well because I have never met anyone with emet.

Hey plum, welcome! I too find it comforting to read posts by emets, it can be very isolating not having anyone to relate to. This message board is priceless in value as far as I'm concerned!

I am a newbie here too! It is amazing to see HOW many of us there are! I find myself looking forward to interacting with folks on here everyday because I know you all know exactly how I feel!
    LaurieV
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello everyone!! it is nice to so many others who are joining!! This fear consumes my life as well. It has also done damage to my stomach and now have issues. I guess that goes along with this. I have had it since 2006. I am 34 with three kids. My mom and husband know..
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made