Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Red face Glad I'm not alone!!

Hey guys, I'm new here and I've had a fear of throwing up since forever. I'm currently 14, and high school has got me off guard. I haven't thrown up in a while so I'm always worrying. Also on vacation in Hawaii last year I went snorkeling and swallowed a lot of water. Later that day I felt really nauseous and couldn't eat anything, though I never got sick. That's basically how I felt for the rest of the summer and I probably dropped about 15 pounds. I would never eat at night in fear of waking up early and suddenly throwing up (what happened last time I got sick). In addition to all this I have a very...creative mind, meaning I can think myself into feeling sick. It's HORRIBLE
    Anyways that's my story, and I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar problem to mine.

~<3

Default Re: Glad I'm not alone!!

I'm also new to this site and I'm exactly the same way. I've really owned up to that "creature of habit" characteristic. I do a lot of the same things everyday because I feel as if it will prevent me from getting sick. I don't eat anything past three in the afternoon because I'd rather go to bed hungry. I've been afraid of v* since sophomore year of high school, I got better for a couple of years and I've recently had a bad relapse after an unfortunate allergic reaction. This website has defiantly been helping though. As for the constant fear, I'm learning to ignore it. It takes time but I'm confident that I'll get through it. But trust me, you're not alone.

sounds familiar to me too......you are not alone! i'm very routine oriented in everything......i've been eating the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner for well over a year.......i do go out and eat occasionally....but then it's back to my routine......when i get tired of this "menu" ill find something else and eat it for a year. i cook a different dinner for my husband everynight....but i don't eat it.....we can be so strange.....but i do whatever it takes to keep my anxiety level down.......

welcome and enjoy making friends with people who totally "get" you
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That sounds exactly like me! I'll make my boyfriend something and while it sounds delicious, I tend to not eat it in fear of getting sick. It's really nice to know I'm not "weird," a term I find rather hurtful. I stick to bland foods because they don't upset my stomach, my mom sometimes sees it as an eating disorder but she just doesn't understand. I want to mention therapy to her, but I'm afraid of what she'll say because she constantly thinks I'm making everything up. Any suggestions on what to say?