Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Post Worried about doctors

Hey, Im new here. And quite honestly new to the knowledge of this phobia. I'm almost positive I have emetophobia but am going to call my family doctor tomorrow for an appointment. I have been afraid of v* for almost four years. I thought that I was just being a baby about it but now realize that it's not as different as I thought. I'm so sick of the remarks from my family about how "weird" I am. I'm ready for answers and I'm ready to get over it. I have some reservations about talking to my doctor though. For one, I'm afraid she won't understand what I'm talking about. I've been constantly told everything is in my head. I'm aware 99% of it is in my head but I need help getting it out. Another worry I have involves any medication she'll give me and the side-effects. I understand she's not a pyschaitrist but my mom won't believe me unless I have a referral. All I really want is a pyschaitrist who will understand me and help me get over this. Is there anyone out there that can give me some encouraging words??

Default Re: Worried about doctors

In my experience, doctors are always very understanding. Just tell him/her that you think you'd like to see a psychiastrist since you have a phobia.

No competent general practitioner is going to tell you it's all in your head. And even if they believe it is, they'd send you to a psychiatrist anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <- clicky
    I'm a recovered emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Worried about doctors

Thank you! I'm hoping all goes well.