Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New around here and curious

Hi, I just signed on and was poking around some of the posts. Unlike a lot of people here, I have no problem with getting sick myself. I don't like it, of course, but I don't get freaked out usually. It's when others throw up, not because I'm worried they will get me sick but because I get this horrible feeling it's going to get on me or attack me, like the Blob or something. I also get irrationally angry at anyone around me who gets sick or says they feel nauseous. Really, nothing makes you feel like more of a jerk then realizing you want to yell at an ill child. I also feel personally insulted when I see someone getting sick on TV of in movies. In fact, the first time my phobia was triggered was when I saw Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood. One of my favorite shows is House, but if someone gets sick in the first scene, I can't enjoy any of the rest of the show because I'm so angry. Anyway, I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone else's emetophobia manifests this way? Thanks for any responses. I hope this site can give me some tips to deal with the fear.

Default Re: New around here and curious

Im sort of the opposite of you but there are some on here that share the same fear as you. I dont really understand how the fear goes this way but I am supportive of it anyways since a lot of people dont understand emetophobia in general. Welcome by the way.

i'm the total opposite too.....kinda wish that was my fear...maybe i wouldnt worry so much....i dont know...it all sucks
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Post something like "scared of other people v*ing" and then perhaps youll find some like yourself. :0