Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Babysitting

Default Babysitting

I have no where else to vent but I'm seriously so stressed out. I've known this child since I was 16. I was working at a daycare when he came in he was around 5 months old. He's now 6 and I'm 22, and a couple years ago his dad called me up to babysit him. They pay very well so of course I have continued to babysit.
    HOWEVER, he is the biggest brat I've ever met in my life. The family has a bit of money, thus.. the child gets everything he wants. So, very, spoiled. He sits around and tells me what to do, and doesn't listen to a word I say. Its so frustrating. I don't want to wind up making him mad or else he will say something to his dad, who is so super protective, very controlling and pretty much crazy scary.
    The father is in his 50's with children in their 30's. Remarried and has this child.. I know.. SO weird.
    Anyway this child acts like I'm his "friend" not babysitter. Even his father has called me a "kid" I was within earshot and his wife commented on that saying he had children at my age..which isn't uncommon at all. I have many friends on their second child. I feel way too old to be babysitting, but i'm in college and don't work very much and they pay pretty well.

I'm literally at wits end with this family. They are rude and it makes me sick. They come home and ask how things went and I always lie, because he is a hellion. They think he is an angel, and even if I did tell the truth they wouldn't believe their "angel" did anything wrong, and that it was probably my fault..
    ANYWAY. I am seriously stressed because they want me to babysit the next two saturdays.. And I just recently babysat him this past Friday and swore to myself that I was DONE. But the paycheck would help since I just bought a cruise ticket... So its either deal with it for the money, or somehow tell them I'm done.. I feel too old for this, and I really want children soon, but he makes me not want them at all...
    Let success be measured by the happiness in your heart.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Babysitting

I would deal with it for the money the last two times that you agreed to and then just tell them that you don't have time to babysit much anymore because you're busy with school. Maybe look for a new babysitting job that you can do part-time and hopefully the next family you sit for won't be so horrible!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-