Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default 24 Hour Stomach Bug

So I feel like this is a big accomplishment for someone with Emetophobia so I thought I'd share. I had a 24 hour stomach bug on Friday the 19th. I woke up at 4am with d* and soon after started to feel very nausea. I had a slight fever too. My husband is in the Navy and had just left the following night out to sea for a couple of days so I was completely alone and terrified! I soon began feeling that 'feeling' you get right before you v* and began to freak out. Then I thought of this site and how I just learned what Emetophobia was and how I will live if I v* but the experience will just not be pleasant but once it's over I will be ok. So I just kept thinking that and ended up being fine. I never threw up, although to be honest the nausea got so bad I almost wished I would have. It was not a good day but remembering this site and people's stories really helped so I just wanted to share

Default Re: 24 Hour Stomach Bug

Aww well done! Good for you! I'm glad you got away without v*ing too!
    I'm guilty of being innocent
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

glad you're feeling better......always good to hear these success stories......try to remember them when i'm panicking.....

congrats
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well you were luckier than I was, I had the 24 hour bug yesterday and have to v* twice. But tbh I'm glad I did because it makes you feel SO much better.

I had it about 5 years ago. V* only one time. BUT From stories that I've heard from others and people in my family, they were up all night getting sick every 15 minutes, for hours upon hours. I hope that i NEVER ever have to deal with that.
    Let success be measured by the happiness in your heart.

Yeah, the last time I had a sv* everyone else in my family was v* for 12 hours or so, but I only "almost" did twice (my body tried damn hard, but I fought it, somehow...just kept swallowing over and over again until it stopped). I honestly don't even know if that would have happened if I hadn't jumped up in a panic and ran for my mom (both of the times when I ran for her, was when I almost got s*) That was 14 years ago.

I want to reassure you all on something here. There is no such thing as the 24 hour bug. It's almost always something you ate. Bugs last about 2-3 days. I learned this a few years ago when my girlfriend took human biology.

Quote Originally Posted by km2277 View Post
    I want to reassure you all on something here. There is no such thing as the 24 hour bug. It's almost always something you ate. Bugs last about 2-3 days. I learned this a few years ago when my girlfriend took human biology.
    According to the CDC Norovirus lasts from 24-72 hours. And I know the last time I was close to v* everyone in my house got s* at different times, and had been eating different things. So it wasn't likely food.

Also on the CDC website, 30% of people infected with norovirus may be ASYMPTOMATIC!!!! Lucky ducks!!!

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/...-factsheet.htm

Yeah definitely seen it last only 24 hours
    Let success be measured by the happiness in your heart.

Pls. check out the Norovirus Facts in the Info and REsearch section. The CDC website link is also a good one.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Darn norovirus...It's new up here, just going around the hospital. And it's apparently bad too

I freaked when I heard about it.

Its annoying... last year we were passing it round our family and my dad just got stomach cramps and d then my mum got it who also had d, stomach cramps and v once cos she drank some tea during the cramps, then I got it last and I got cramps then I spent the night v every hour!!! Just my luck ey?? but my sister, who is the only one our house that actually LIKES v... didnt even get it!!!

But you have a point, v wont really kill us... after you v, whats the worst that'll happen???
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"