Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New

Default New

Hello All

Im amie 21 from Kent and im new to this sight,.....

Ive suffered from emet since i was 4years old and its has got alot worse since i had my daughter who is now 1....

Im currently doing the CBT and just had my 4th session today all is going well so far
    but im allways so worried about me my partner or my little one catching this bug thats going around atm.

I moved out of my mums in November 2008 but now living back there atm as i feel safer there..

Looking for people to chat to please

xx

Default Re: New

I meant site sorry x

welcome! this is the best place to be!!!

Hi Amie. Well done for seeking help. How is the CBT going?

Hiya Dixy

Its going ok i cant say that its really helping at the moment but im hopeing it will.

x

hey
    im jo 32 from northampton. im new to this site but have found it a great help ( i think more so just to know im not the only one feeling crazy about this at times) ive tried to add my email so i can chat to people on msn but it wont let me yet. it tells me i have to post 10 times b4 i can do that so excuse me while i keep posting people!!!!!

Thats fine jo how long have u suffered from emet??
    x

Hey Amie..its still early days though. I read on here that people have started seeing results at about 6 months into therapy.. but really need to work on it themselves for years. I am sure it will always be with me, but hopefully in the future, it will be so small and not significant at all!

Hi Jo... welcome! keep posting.. not long now and you can post an email address.

Dixy the doctors have only given me 12 sessions with CBT that is whats worrying me as i dont think thats long enough....
    Are you not having any therepy??

How long have u suffered from emet??
    x

Hi ya peps, I've had this since I was about 16! I've just finished therepy in bedfordshie which I've found a great help, would really recomend him. I'm a mother and really want to have more children but this phobia stops me. It makes me really angry tbh. How long have you suffered with this?

I have had this for as long as I can remember. I would stop eating if anyone was sick around me from a very young age. I remember being terrified of being sick at the age of 6. I haven’t told anyone how I feel, and not sure if I ever will do. I have 2 children and am so worried they will pick up on my emet. I feel for me, if I start telling people it may make my emet worse as I wont need to control it and hide it anymore. I know that may sound a bit strange to you guys... but I will have to tell someone if I am going to seek help!

i must admit that i didnt tell anyone for a long time. a few more people know about it now but only a chosen few. i have found it much easier to manage if people dont know as ive then got no way of freaking out in front of them. my little girl is 7 and my worry is also her getting this fear because of me. ive never let her know that i have it but she isnt stupid!!! i would never forgive myself if she got it