Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Just curious... how long as it been since everyone has thrown up? As emetophobics I'm pretty sure we throw up much less than the general public, but I wonder what the longest is someone has gone. I wonder if anyone's gone a lifetime...

Anyway, just a thought

For me I'm 18 and it's been almost ten years.

Its been a little under a year...
    I unfortunately got food poisoning last summer.

It's been almost 3 years. In a few weeks it'll be 3 years.

5 years, not counting the one time I brought up a little bit of medicine during retching. B4 the 5 years, it was 12 years b4. Yaay!

32 years

You can see how long others have gone and register your own streak on my site: http://emetophobia.bravepages.com/streaks.html

The longest streak recorded goes back 86 years, although I don't know how credible that one is. I do give credence, however, to a 73 year and 1 month old streak listed on my site, which was posted by an emet in another online group. Notice that there are many, many streaks going back 20 years or more.

Doug

DougEdited by: gumdropper1
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For me its been almost two years. It was January 28th 2007 last time...all because I took two paracetamols on an empty stomach. I wasn't really scared of it then though...i've always had emet but its flares up sometimes...like this year has been hell.

I'm 20 years old, and the last time was 8 years ago.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

december 23rd 1998

in one short burst, i wasnt an emet then but it railroaded down hill from there

im 17 now was 7 then

14 1/2 years ago [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Almost 24 years....
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

A little over a year, I unfortunately threw up during my last pregnancy after
    ingesting a dangerous amount of food. I only did it once though, and never
    again after that. Before that it had been 6 years since I actually did it. I have
    had dry heaves and nausea here and there, but never actually did IT till I got
    pregnant. Like I said, ingesting too much food.
    Life is so worth living.

21 months.

Last year during may sometime - cannot remember the exact date!
    I was REALLY drunk!
    ISAIAH 41:10

13 years for me...and I'm not even afraid of it anymore!
    (Which goes to show you that it's NOT TRUE that if you're cured you just "won't care" and will eat/do things in ways that make you sick)!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

wel im 20, and its been 14 years for me

Well, Im 39 [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] and its been a little over 20 years for me. Have had many close calls though [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Georgi

August 17, 1965 - next month will be 43 years. I remember because it was
    the day before my 12th birthday and I spent the next day in bed. Came
    close twice since then, but luckily didn't.

Default Re: How long has it been?

I'm almost going on a 5-year streak! I'm almost 17 and haven't had a s* v* since before 7th grade. Let alone, I haven't p* since 5th grade.

It was coming up to 7 years but then on the 19/02/2010 i got the dreaded tummy bug and i was violently ill and it still scares me thinking about it. I hate it so so much :-( xx

9 years, almost 10 *Knock on wood*

When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

umm, last year I think I might have caught a little bit of it, I only v*ed once and it wasnt much, i was just really tired after that. When i was 7, I got food poisoning, and i only had a s*v* once, when I was 4. No one in my family ever gets the s*v* except my brother, who gets it nearly every year, but I can be around him all I want and not get sick

Almost 3 years. I got sick 3 times April 5, 2007. I got a bad stomach virus in October, and I would have gotten sick then, but I took Zofran and Phenergan together. I was still extremely nauseous and on the verge of getting sick for 3 days with the meds.

The only time I've ever had a s*v was when I was about 6 or 7 (In our first house) and I only had it for one day. My one sister gets it twice a year, STILL! I'm just like DAMN LIZ! LoL!

When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

It has been a good 22 years for me come this April. I'm 28 and the last time it happened when I was 6. I can only remember doing 'it' one other time in my life besides the last time I did it. I have gotten sick and have beaten 'it' miracolusly (sp?). When I was a freshman in highschool I had gotten a horrible sv that was going around and I had to do 'it' so bad but I didn't. Also, about 6 years ago I had gotten a sv from my son and I was soo close to doing 'it'. As a matter of fact, my stomach was retching and everything. Even after the feeling subsuded ut felt as though I did 'it' because I felt so much better. My emet has gotten a little bit better through the years, probably because I've been so busy with raising a son, nursing school, kieeping a house and all. However, I still went to head for the hills when someone around me is sick. I start looking like a weirdo and asking tons of questions when I hear someone is sick to find out if they've done 'it' or not. I have ggod times and bad times with my emet. Thankfully it has gotten better to the point where I don't think about it all day. I'm starting to worry though because I feel like I'm due to get something soon since I haven't been sick in a long time.
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

Sorry soo many typos. At work trying to post discreetly.
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

Over 25 years!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

i had 1 in June which I got from my mum because she said it was something she ate so I wasnt cautious but before that 5 yrs
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"