Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Yes, yes, YES!

Talking Yes, yes, YES!

OKAY.

So while waiting for the NHS to get its act together and give me some help, I started a bit of self counselling... WHICH IS ACTUALLY GOING OKAY!!

I'm giving myself some light exposure. Listening to songs that reference v* and watching movies with short v* scenes. I even read a book with a description, which is worse because you end up imagining yourself doing it... But I persevered!
    I tried talking to my boyfriend about particularly traumatic childhood incidents, and together we started fitting things together, such as why I might be scared more of doing in in public, etc. Bringing back the memories (that were so awful to me I had genuinely forgotten them) wasn't nice, I won't lie. It did make me panic and cry a bit and feel stupid, but my boyfriend was supportive and patient and I honestly think it was worth it... As NOW...

I've moved my silver security bowl (yes, in case I get s*) onto the floor, and away from my pillow, I've eaten properly and left the house every day this week AND yesterday, when my boyfriend said he was feeling nauseous, I offered to sit with him and stroked his hair and brought him some mints. I'm SO proud, as I've been AWFUL recently.

So, to all of you who can't afford help or anything, just letting you know... It's not essential. As far as I can see, you CAN make your SELF a bit better. =]

Just sharing!
    It's better to spend a moment happy, than a moment worrying whether or not you'll be happy tomorrow.

Default Re: Yes, yes, YES!

That's fabulous to hear!!! I'm doing self therapy too and today I ate out with my hands without using sanitizer and watched 2 scenes with v* on t.v.
    Keep up the great work!
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

Awesome!!!!!! Love hearing it!!!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fantastic, well done! You are exactly right, you totally CAN help yourself a little. Its all about setting yourself small goals and going step by step, and over time, the steps get bigger and bigger, and you find yourself with a whole new way of thinking. Sometimes for me things creep back in, but with a little 'self help' I can get it back under control pretty quick.

Well done again, dont look back and continue to feel better! x

Your awesome I kinda like self-help stuff... cos I like to be in control
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you all so much! Self help might be the best way to go!
    (Although I firmly believe EVERYONE could benefit from some therapy)

Glad to hear other people have had similar success, and to those of you that haven't, GIVE IT A GO!!

x
    It's better to spend a moment happy, than a moment worrying whether or not you'll be happy tomorrow.

Good job! I'm proud of you! And, truth be told, a bit jealous! I've also been trying to help myself along and, although I have come to the point where I can manage it when the babies spit up, I'm far from being able to watch films with even the shortest scene. Again, GOOD JOB! Very inspiring!
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
    Anais Nin