Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: V*ing in public

Default V*ing in public

Does anyone else get an awful horrible fear of v*ing in public? when my anxiety is really high and I walk into a room I haven't been in before, the first thing I do is seek out a private place to v*, or the easiest escape route to find a bush or side alley to go. This is when I don't even feel sick!! I hate it so much, I just want to be able to walk into a new place without the emet kicking in xxx

Default Re: V*ing in public

im like that to the point i have anxiety attacks in public. i usually just avoid public all together!!
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Yeah, I get like this too. Sometimes in the movies, or when i'm out in town, it will come into my head, and i'll feel like I can't breathe. It's awful!

I do that too. Like in class in school I always sit near the door in case I need to leave and V*. And pretty much any room I always figure out like where a garbage is or what the easiest thing to V* in would be or the quickest way to get out and where the nearest bathroom is.
    Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.

Oh my gosh. Here's whats happening with me recently. I go out to eat (eating something safe like grilled cheese or something) and then my anxiety goes through the roof when I'm in my car (public place) or in a mall, etc. IT's getting really old.

Yes. I'm terrified of getting sick period, but it's even worse if I'm around other people besides my parents. I think part of my fear of getting sick is of losing control, and losing control around other people makes it more frightening.

I think part of any emet is the whole losing control - I read it somewhere and I totally agree with all of you guys. Thank you so much for being supportive, I feel so alone sometimes xxxx

If Im outside, Im okay Cos I know I can run away easily but in the classroom its pretty scary especially in a 2 hour lesson and Im not sure where the toilets are, but Im not as bothered as I used to be because Im used to it and I really doubt its going to happen! Although I do feel alot safer at home, but I do like to be around my friends as they help take my mind of things Yeah my emets all about control as well which is kinda annoying, but dont feel alone, I find with emet it is easy to feel alone as nobody understands unless they actually have it... you've got us X
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks, you guys genuinely have helped me so much in the week that I've been here. It's such a comfort to know that when I'm at owrk I can come here and be safe and honest with everyone xxx

I feel like this ALLLL the time! It's the reason why I hate going anywhere unless I absolutley need to!

Yes I totally feel the same way. And mine is worse (for me) because I feel that I never know when "it" will actually happen because i dont get the symptoms others do before they v*. I too am more comfortable when I am outside but when i am in a building or at work i am always freaking out..i hate it :-(

I completely feel at home!! I can be in any social situation and I seek out the quickest exit or think that I will have to ask someone for a trash can.. I can't even function regularly anymore....

This is so interesting to hear becasue I am the exact opposite, I panic at home, if I am at home, my mind races, I need to get out of the house and occuplying my mind. But I do tend to stay home when it is stomach virus time, then I really panic about being out...and I stare at people and try to listen to what they are saying and look at their faces...Its so weird!

I get really bad anxiety in restaurants, and it gets worse when I'm in the car leaving... I start to think that I'm gonna get sick and won't be able to pull over. I'm also bad in movie theaters. I can't even enjoy the movie because I'm constantly checking out whats going on around me to make sure no one is getting sick. It's so annoying. I can't enjoy anything