Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Waking up early

Question Waking up early

hey guys I've been waking up early lately (like 3 in the morning) and, because the last time I got sick I got up early and have somehow made that fear in my brain of repeating that event, I always get really nervous.
    I've also been really hot lately, not a fever kind of hot, my face just feels hot to me.
    Is there anyway to know what's going on with me? Or is it just a normal thing?

Default Re: Waking up early

anxiety and nerves

I agree with ann32. I also have been waking up lately really early in the morning with nausea. I get up and freak out thinking I'm going to throw up because like you my v* experiences have been either at night or really early in the morning. Once I watch some TV and calm down I can usually go back to sleep and wake up feeling fine. Hope you get better too
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

i used to feel the same way about 3 am..........now i pretty much get up at that time everyday.......it has now become almost my favorite time of the day......i play on the internet.......get relaxed before having to go to work.........
    and watching the sun come up is beautiful
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Totally know what you mean - been there myself. Every morning about 2 or 3 I'd wake up, have to sit up in bed, drink wate rna d take my anti-sickness tabs and be up for about 4 hours. This is simply turning into a routine for your body, but because of your previous experiences and your anxiety, it's psychologically making you feel s*. Try to tell your body that you don't need to be s*, there's nothing wrong with you - I wasn't s* last night when this happened, or the night before, or however many nights I've woken up at this hour. If you're really panicky, pop up and do what you like to do best, but set yourself a time limit, like an hour or so, so that you can go back to sleep and get the rest you need (sleep is good to keep anxiety at bay). It usually takes about 3 minutes of distraction method for symptoms to ease so an hour should be fine I promise you're fin e, there's nothing wrong with you as I expect all us emets have experienced this at one point in our lives! Also the hotness of the face would be your anxiety, it means the blood is racing to get oxygen to your vital muscles xxx