Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sharing Experience

Hey Guys! I just wanted to share an experience of mine, the reason why I haven't been on for the last couple of days. I don't know if anyone else does, but I totally panic I'm going to get a sick bug regardless of how I feel, so for instance this week, I started with a sore throat and cold came on shortly after, and I completely panicked! anyway, besides the point, felt fine (As fine as you feel on a cold) and I was eating alright. Anyway, the first night I started to feel a bit s*, but I ignored it. I then got a wave - You know that wave of n* when you can feel your tummy spasm to push up whatever is in there. I totally panicked and vowed not to eat ANYTHING until I was sure I wouldn't v*. However, this is how I lost my 2 and a half stone and nearly ended up in hospital last time, so when my Mum presented me with a pasta bolognaise and a couple of slives of bread... I gave it a go. I totally had to talk to myself through the first few bits, as I started to sweat and shake and cry, but I had to remember that food is a survival, not something to hurt me. I'm so proud I was brvae enough to eat a meal whilst I felt so n* and anxious, and I felt better for it actually I'm still suffering with the cold but no n* ever since or v* throughtout the whole experience!! I know it sounds stupid but it's such a big thing for me to have eaten that meal, I just wanted to share xxx

Default Re: Sharing Experience

good for you! you need the nutrition when you're sick to help you get better.....just hold on to this experience for the future......you ate and didn't get sick.....

congrats
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

congrats that was very brave, i know how hard it is.

Sounds like a tough couple of days! Hopefully 'what hasnt killed you's made you stronger' Well done for getting through it x
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks so much guys I was pretty proud. it kinda sounds stupid when I say that though ...
    xxx

it doesn't

it definitely doesn't sound stupid!! you have every right to be proud

Bless your hearts guys, it's so strange to have people who actually understand. Anyone else have troubles with family and friends not understanding? xxx