Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Zoloft? Buspar? Side effects?

So today is my secound day on zoloft and buspar.(very small doses) and for the last couple of days i have just felt depressed, not wanting to go to school, not wanting to go out with friends, stopped eating, and lack of sleep. I dont know if i am depressed from emetophobia becuase as most of you know it has taken a lot out of me. Or if it is just the medication, i was on zoloft and buspar before about 2 years ago and i dont remember having this many side effects. i thought it took up to 3 weeks to start working.. have any of you had these problems with this medicene? ugh i am soo tired but i cant sleep because i am afriaid i am going to wake up in a panic attack. im thinking way to much!

Default Re: Zoloft? Buspar? Side effects?

I was in school myself when I finally had a doctor prescribe something for my anxiety attacks. He started me on Zoloft. Gotta tell you, I was like a vegetable after about two or three days. I couldn't get up the energy to get dressed, go eat, go to class, couldn't move at all. Finally my roommate came in and told me I had been sitting in the chair we had for about three hours without moving. She took the medicine and flushed it, then called the doctor. He ended up putting me on Paxil, which I was on for three years. I took, and still take, Xanax when I feel a bad one coming on. I didn't have any side effect on Paxil, but Xanax causes amnesia, but it's very minute, more like just being more scatterbrained. Although a strong enough does could knock you out for 8-12 hours. If you still have side effects in a couple of days, call the doctor. Hope this helps.