Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I know this is ridiculous, but does anyone else do this?

This is so silly I know but here's the story...
    My husband has a sick day to use by the end of the month or he'll lose it. So he said he's going to "call off sick". Then he mentioned something about changing his facebook status to back it up. He was going to
    put something about v*. I was like nooooooooooo! Cause if you lie about it, then God will punish you and make you v* and then I'll get it too!! I know that totally sounds crazy. Lol

Default Re: I know this is ridiculous, but does anyone else do this?

I do the exact same thing. I remember one day back in high school, mum said I could have the day off, and I begged her not to say anything about v-ing when she phoned the secretary. I thought she'd jinx me. My dad is the same way and he isn't emet. He says he'd never pretend to be unwell, because he thinks he'll be punished for it.

I feel this way too. Once in High school I skiped a day and told them the next day at school that my Grandma had passed away. Terrible I know. Then I was afraid that me lying about it would make her die. Any who, that was over ten years ago and she is still with us!

I always use the my grandpa died excuse, because they've all both been dead for a while (2 g-pas, one step g-pa).

I actually used the vomiting excuse a few times. Oddly enough I've never really been bothered about "possible consequences." So far nothing has happened.

i could never use it as an excuse either..........jinx!!!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I always say that I am feeling 'fluey'. Don't think he should even bother with his FB status - don't put anything on there then cannot get caught out - that's my theory!

I am the same exact way. I never would let me now ex boyfriend call out of work saying he was v*ing. I was afraid it really would happen! you're not alone

Same here..i always tell myself ifi you lie about it you will jinx yourself :-)

Not silly at all...I too do the same exact thing. It's that irrational phobic thinking.

I know exactly how you're feeling!!! I always *KNOCK ON WOOD* whenever I mention anything about not V*. Thats also why I hate answering all the questions about "how long has it been since you V*" LOL.
    "there's a light at the end of this tunnel" you shout, 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. these mistakes you make, you'll just make them again if you only try turning around.. and breathe. just breathe <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdonofrio View Post
    I know exactly how you're feeling!!! I always *KNOCK ON WOOD* whenever I mention anything about not V*. Thats also why I hate answering all the questions about "how long has it been since you V*" LOL.
    I'm exactly the same! I'm so supersticious about v*, I salute magpies and everything haha.
    x

Never no way! Jinx!!!!

OMG. So the one day, my friends and I were at a carnival and she had to leave at 9. It was 10 and her mom called. She told her mom that the reason she was so late was because I ate bad funnel cake and started v*ing. I almost killed her and knocked on every piece of wood I saw that night. I NEVER lie about feeling sick. Even a cold. I feel like it will happen to me if I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Channy View Post
    This is so silly I know but here's the story...
    My husband has a sick day to use by the end of the month or he'll lose it. So he said he's going to "call off sick". Then he mentioned something about changing his facebook status to back it up. He was going to
    put something about v*. I was like nooooooooooo! Cause if you lie about it, then God will punish you and make you v* and then I'll get it too!! I know that totally sounds crazy. Lol
    Well I don't believe in God, but when I was younger I had ideas like that.

i don't usually tell anyone i'm sick to miss out on something, but if i'm panicking and i tell people i don't feel well and they as me why, i can never bring myself to say i'm nauseaus, because i'm always scared they are going to question me about it. i always have to say something like a headache or cramps...

Thats not silly at all! If I ever call out or anything I never say that I'm v*, for fear that I will get punished for lying and actually v* sometime soon. I am not willing to take that chance.

I do the exact same thing!!! haha and here I am thinking I was the only one