Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone watching "The OCD Project?"

Hello All,
    Did anyone see this on VH1? The doctor is right near me in CT and I thought long and hard about going to see him...the treatment would be almost the same for phobias as for OCD. It is a very interesting show and very intense. There were only 2 episodes so far so you could catch up with it...they also repeat those episodes too.
    He is kind of strict with them, making them stop their compulsions and eventually face their fears. I get anxious watching it but it gives a lot of insight into the anxious mind as well. Tell me what you all think...

Default Re: Anyone watching "The OCD Project?"

i'm finding it fascinating........trying to relate it to my emet and see if i can do some of the exercises.......just got done watching the second one...
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Im watching it as well. I tried to stop my rituals but its so hard.. because I only do them during an attack.

I started watching that show too.....I like it so far...I can relate to the girl that constantly washes her hands. I can't wait for the next show...hopefully i can pick up on some tips.
    good luck everyone

On VH1? At what time...and where can I catch up with the missed episodes if I can at all? Would find it interesting. Thanks for sharing.

they are showing the first two shows on wed at noon and 1 pm......a new one airs on thursday at 11 am......i'm sure it's on at night also.....just didn't see it on my guide. you might find it online also....maybe vh1.com?
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Right, they are on all those venues...I love to watch it but it does bother me a little. Just imagine facing our fear the way he is having them do it!!! Aaaaak...

I live in ohio and for me it's on at 10pm on VH1 on thursdays

I'll have to look out for this.

Another great episode last night! I keep thinking what he would do for emetophobia, and I cannot even go there....soo scary.

I got a little angry when he said the one girl had to stop with the "princess act". Handwashing OCD-style is a mental disorder, and hardly a princess thing to do, and it just seemed a bit cold.
    Not to mention that anyone, OCD or not, would want to wash their hands after touching some of that stuff. Stopping the obsessiveness of it is good...cutting out hygiene altogether is just a health hazard (especially with that cut on that poor girl's finger).

Quote Originally Posted by jamie77 View Post
    I got a little angry when he said the one girl had to stop with the "princess act". Handwashing OCD-style is a mental disorder, and hardly a princess thing to do, and it just seemed a bit cold.
    Not to mention that anyone, OCD or not, would want to wash their hands after touching some of that stuff. Stopping the obsessiveness of it is good...cutting out hygiene altogether is just a health hazard (especially with that cut on that poor girl's finger).
    Yeah, when he licked that shoe, I thought maybe he needed a little help himself....I am about the least hygenic person you'll ever meet, and I wouldn't do that. He had such a crazy look in his eyes. LOL!

Eww I know I wouldn't even touch the bottom of a shoe...I can kind of relate to the girl that constantly washes her hands. I def. would not wanna shake some of those peoples hands and then not be able to wash mine. But notw being able to wash ur hands after the bathroom is just gross.
    I wish i could be on that show next season...hey maybe i'll nominate myself lol.
    can't wait till next week

Wow, it keeps getting better and "heavier." On the one hand I feel sorry for Kristen, but on the other, she is becoming annoying...having tantrums, etc. He has a lot of patience.

I love this show! I watched all the ones available online. Are there only 3 so far? Cause that's all the full episodes they had. I used to suffer with the same thing Jerry does. Thanks to a self help book, it's completely gone! I wonder if the guy has written any books?

The whole eating out of the toilet thing.. Seemed waaay too crazy. I couldn't do that for 100000 bucks.
    Let success be measured by the happiness in your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkButterfly View Post
    The whole eating out of the toilet thing.. Seemed waaay too crazy. I couldn't do that for 100000 bucks.

I thought that was a bit over the edge too. That's just not safe! I'm sure it was completely sanitized (they just didn't tell the girl), cause you could catch something!

This one was really good, but I did feel sorry for Kristen, when he was putting his hands on her face. I sure hope she gets much better after this whole thing.