Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Okay, this is crossing the line.

Coming home early after feeling nauseous at school? Fine.

Not being able to enjoy a slumber party at your BFFs house? On the edge...

Being HOSPITALIZED because of severe panic attacks when you feel nauseous? That's it.

I've done this two times already. I was screaming and yelling and I couldn't breathe. I told my parents to all 9-1-1, and when the paramedics arrived, I could only think of how they could probably be saving someone in something serious, like a robbery or a fire. I didn't even spend overnight in the hospital.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I just started therapy, but I don't go for my second course until tomorrow.

What should I do?

Default Re: Okay, this is crossing the line.

I'm so sorry you went through that. But you've taken a great first step in getting into therapy. Some of us have been helped a GREAT deal with therapy. I like to say I live an (almost) normal life. I was once completely crippled with emet, and now I have a full social life, family, happiness. I do still have some anxiety, but I have coping techniques and they actually work the majority of the time. Things will get better. I think you should do exactly what you are doing, take it one step at a time, and work the therapy the best of your ability.

Sounds like you are taking the right steps, and as long as you keep the right mindset good things should come out of it. Stay determined!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sorry that you had such a hard time.....i'm sure most of us can relate......i went through my phase of er visits back in my 20s.......i'm now in my 50s......still suffering with emet.......but way better at coping with it. i own a business......but i also work the business which means leaving my house everyday and keeping appointmsnts. for the most part i can go out with my husband and friends......if i start to panic i can usually distract myself and it goes away.......if i can't shake it i will just say i'm not feeling well and leave......those times are getting less and less.

i'm glad you're in therapy........i tried several years ago with no good outcome.....the dr had no idea what i was talking about and neither did i pretty much.......alot has changed and maybe some day i'll find a dr.......but for right now i'm pretty content with a few panics which i can get through.........i'm not saying that a case of sv in my house might send me over the edge......but try not to worry about it till it happens.

i do take meds......prozac has been a total miracle drug for me.....no side effects and after about 10 days on it i found i didn't obsess over v hardly at all. so i'm a true believer if the drug works......take it.....

anyway, good luck with your therapy......don't beat yourself up........you're ok keep us posted.....
    how i feel about emet

You're not the only one I've been hospitalized (not overnight) for panic attacks more than a few times. I even v* on their computers in one of the rooms because I had panicked that bad! That is my biggest motivator to try to calm my panic before it gets too bad because after 8-10 hours of shaking there is nothing else then to feel even sicker. So my only thought is you are not alone and you are seeking help. That is about all you can do right now. Good luck!!

I remember very well when mom called 911 when I was having a panic attack. Of course I had panick attacks just getting out of bed to go to the bathroom... I've been to the hospital several times because of my phobia. But when I finally went to Riley Childrens hospital 4 years ago, I was glad I did. They're the ones who diagnosed me. So if I were you I would put the incident out of your mind. These people are supposed to take sick people to the hospital.
    ~*~*~*~*~*I'm a girl with Emetophobia... It's life~*~*~*~*~*~