Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: How long have you gone without puking?

I have only got sick once in the last 11 years. =D-/-< Dancy man.

Wow, these really are some amazing numbers. I went 8 years without doing it until I caught a virus in October of 2008, then I got sick again this past Christmas =[. So it's only been about 6-7 months since the last episode.

Isn't it funny the things we remember - mine is three years - a lovely bout of family noro!

I don't remember the exact date... but I know that I was in 8th grade. That makes it almost 6 years ago.
    "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I haven't thrown up for...6 months. Kind of unimpressive compared to the other ones up here lol.
    But before that I hadn't thrown up for 6 YEARS so yeah.
    I don't care what people say;
    The rush is worth the price I pay
    I get so high when you're with me
    But crash and crave you when you leave

about 8 years... i've even survived my pregnancy without it! hey sorry to sound ignorant, but what does retching and gagging feel like? im not sure if ive had that.

I haven't thrown up in almost 7 years now, since I was 7 years old

Is it just me or are somepeople a bit graphic with what they put on here. Its making it hard to read through???? Im worried about what im going to read next.

3 years ago. Never puked the 18 years before that.

Over 40 years and i am 48 now and had 5 pregnancy's with horrible morning sickness but still didn't Vomit

I think the last time I v* was in 2007 and that was from a bug( it didnt get it that bad though only v* once..)
    Before that it was a good few years ago..
    Nearly was a few weeks back but stopped myself :')

When I was a kid I probably went a few years at a time without puking. Now it is a fairly regular occurence for me (last time was 3 days ago, then really bad bouts 3 months before that) and I can control it to some degree, so I am not as fearful of being sick as I once was. However, I still panic if someone else is ill.

About a year thanks to a bad hot dog and a ciggarette
    Raven, thats me.

14 years since my last episode. Was pretty harmless to be honest. Didn't even hurt. one V* and that was that.

Damn what kind of lives do you lead?? (those who dont V* for 40 years!)
    I must harness this awesome power.

I've had dry heaves a handful of times, but the last time anything came up (and it was a VERY little bit) was in 8th grade. So, I was 13 and now I'm 30. So . . . 17 years? Over 20 if you don't count that ittly bittly bit that came up.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

3 years, precisely, about 10 minutes after my eldest daughter was born.. Pethidine, horrible stuff!! the *V did not bother me in the slightest though, just came right up no problem, then felt fine.. could have been because i was 'off my head' shall we say! lol, was telling my partner how much i hated the simpsons, while asking for something to *V into, strange welcoming to the world for my daughter i think...

I thought everybody likes the Simpsons! Next you're gonna say you don't like Peanuts!
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    I thought everybody likes the Simpsons! Next you're gonna say you don't like Peanuts!
    Nope, can't stand the simpsons.. i do however like snoopy :P

4 years, 9 months, and 14 days.

Default Re: How l&#111;ng have you g&#111;ne without puking?

35 years for me. (yikes)

Welcome, Eisdamme. Congratulations on your streak! And thanks for bumping a 5-year-old thread!
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Only 1 year haha

Hasn't even been a year yet. I caught the sv* from my little brother in January-February.

In a few weeks it will have been 1 year since I last v*d.
    Before that it was 3 years.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

just over a year-i hate being in school lol
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

scared to say . scared ill jinx myself and end up sick

I have not actually gotten sick since I was in second grade and I am 31 now. I'm knocking on wood as I type this because I feel like if I talk about it I will somehow jinx myself ..... however when I was about 24. I was on the way home from a pizza place (I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted ) I felt sick and pulled over and dry heaved so badly for the first time ever . My phobia before then didn't seem like it was even there till that day . My therapist thinks I got ptsd from it . I had to get my parents to pick me up . Then it happened a few more times . I never actually got sick . So I started eating diff and it seemed everything made me feel bad to the point I didn't eat at all . Finally I got to the point I wanted to die and ended up in therapy and am now severely medicated . Which I am deathly afraid to come off ... I don't know if I actually can not eat Certain things or if I trained myself to eat . I'm scared to try . I do have belly attacks after eating where I get real bloated and full and I feel like I will get sick if I burp . And it burns so bad and I feel that I am going to get sick but I never do .. all of the doctors say it is in my head . They have done tons of tests and say it's anxiety . I only have anxiety when I feel bad though . I'm not sure what it is . I just start feeling bad not even thinking about it . My bf says every time I eat I say I hope I don't get sick. I don't even realize I'm saying that . I wish I could eat and not worry and I wish I could eat more than this bland diet my any help or suggestions or anyone that would talk to me would greatly be appreciated . I am so depressed I live in this fear 90% of my day and my quality of life is severely decreasing . My bf wants me to move in with him but I'm too scared because him and his son get sick a lot. And he's ready to have kids and I so desperately wanna be a mom . But I just don't feel like I can . All of that requires being sick at some point . That's a few small hours out of my life that is keeping me from even having a life ... someone help ; (

Quote Originally Posted by Wynter Loveless View Post
    I have not actually gotten sick since I was in second grade and I am 31 now. I'm knocking on wood as I type this because I feel like if I talk about it I will somehow jinx myself ..... however when I was about 24. I was on the way home from a pizza place (I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted ) I felt sick and pulled over and dry heaved so badly for the first time ever . My phobia before then didn't seem like it was even there till that day . My therapist thinks I got ptsd from it . I had to get my parents to pick me up . Then it happened a few more times . I never actually got sick . So I started eating diff and it seemed everything made me feel bad to the point I didn't eat at all . Finally I got to the point I wanted to die and ended up in therapy and am now severely medicated . Which I am deathly afraid to come off ... I don't know if I actually can not eat Certain things or if I trained myself to eat . I'm scared to try . I do have belly attacks after eating where I get real bloated and full and I feel like I will get sick if I burp . And it burns so bad and I feel that I am going to get sick but I never do .. all of the doctors say it is in my head . They have done tons of tests and say it's anxiety . I only have anxiety when I feel bad though . I'm not sure what it is . I just start feeling bad not even thinking about it . My bf says every time I eat I say I hope I don't get sick. I don't even realize I'm saying that . I wish I could eat and not worry and I wish I could eat more than this bland diet my any help or suggestions or anyone that would talk to me would greatly be appreciated . I am so depressed I live in this fear 90% of my day and my quality of life is severely decreasing . My bf wants me to move in with him but I'm too scared because him and his son get sick a lot. And he's ready to have kids and I so desperately wanna be a mom . But I just don't feel like I can . All of that requires being sick at some point . That's a few small hours out of my life that is keeping me from even having a life ... someone help ; (
    im 27 and haven't been sick since I was in second grade either ( I've v* but not from being sick). Anyway I wanted to say I had similar stomach issues when I was a teen, I was n* all the time and never wanted to eat. Had a bunch of test done and they never figured it out. I'm a bit better now but I can't eat a lot of things I used too and when I'm stressed or anxious my stomach troubles come back. Perhaps you arnt aware that you are anxious? Instead of saying I hope I dont get sick when you eat, turn it around and remeber that last time you ate you didn't get sick nor did you get sick the time before that.

Three months. Hopefully the next time will be farther away than that....

2 and a half years, but only twice altogether in the last 16 years! .....touch wood