Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default The water gushing into mouth before V*.......

Does anyone else have this before they retch or V*?? I do and it is so alarming and frightening,I think I fear this the worst of all...and I have no idea why...I last vomited when I was 8 when i was getting chicken pox but I V* in a painshop with my nan and grandad...and then about 2 hours later at their house.And each time this water symptom happened,it floods in and then I'm sick...I retched about 6 months ago,I was getting pains in my stomach and the water symptom happened about 6 times before I actually retched as if to V*...but no sick actually came out as I had taken a n anti-ametic called Meteclopromide which empties the stomach contens quickly...But I still had all the symptoms of V* even though I took the anti-ametic which is shocking and worrying,I thought anti-ametic's were supposed to stop all signs and symptoms of V*.......does anyone else get this?? does this senation of water flooding into the cheeks scare anyone else?? and has anyone else retched and had this water thing even after taking anti-ametics???????

please talk back to me....Jade.xx

Default Re: The water gushing into mouth before V*.......

I get that too it's awful, it's almost worse then the actual feeling of s*ness, and I've had many a time and not actually v* too, I don;t take anti emetics though so can't comment on that x
    I'm guilty of being innocent
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The anti-emet tablets do work to stop you v* by signalling a certain part of your brain but in yourself you get into a state of panic whereas the 'fear' part of your brain gets fired up. It happens to me. Even if I have taken an anti-emet I can still get into a state a couple of hours later. Relaxation is a key part to what you need to do but I have to admit that I struggle with that! I hope that makes sense and that you feel better soon

I've never experienced the water in the mouth thing lol
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

My mouth waters sometimes when I feel nauseacome on, but I do not think to the extent you are describing.

I've had that happen to me a number of times and yes, after taking medication too. The water is a helpful thing - it helps the vomit not burn your throat and such, and makes the experience easier on your body. So that's one way to look at it I suppose. Even though I'm not phobic anymore when I feel horribly ill like that I still don't vomit unless it absolutely cannot be avoided. Funny thing that is. But lots of non-emetophobic people avoid it as well because they hate it.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

i think I may have experienced the water feeling before but i'm not exactly sure. I know that my cheeks felt weird every time I've vomited, though, like the feeling you get when you're eating a really sour lemon. That was definetely one of the scariest parts for me.

The Dirty South and The Great White North.

This happens to me if I am VERY close to v* but sometimes if I swallow the saliva and breathe really deep I can actually stop the v*. I told my roommate that once and he said for him it's the opposite, so maybe I'm just weird!

It's called hypersalivation, and it's a normal part of the vomiting process. It's often the last thing that happens before the actual vomiting, so most people take it as a sign to get to their puking place fast. Some scientists think the saliva is to coat the teeth to protect them from the acidity of the vomit that's coming. Other scientists think it's merely "crosstalk" in the brain because the vomiting center and the salivation center are right next to each other, so when the vomiting center sends out a very large impulse, the salivation center feels it too and releases a lot of saliva.

If they are fighting their nausea, most people give up and throw up when they hypersalivate, but some emets have successfully kept from vomiting even at that point. The key thing is to avoid taking a deep breath. The body needs a deep breath in order to start retching. If you can keep that breath from happening, you can keep your stomach contents down. (But if you WANT to vomit, then taking several quick deep breaths at that moment is likely to make it happen fast.)

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

yes. just hearing about that actually raises my anxiety! I hate it!!
    "Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon everything's different."

As soon as i start to salivate, i spit any and all saliva out of my mouth. I also sip some water and spit this out to.

Oh of course, it's worse the the actual v* it's self!

dancingintherain I am so so sorry i posted this,i hope u are ok.I feel guilty now.I absolutly loath this sensation though and i am so so so so afraid of it.I could have apanic attack about it.thing is when it comes,its then that I know the V* is deffinetly coming!! I would rather die.please help me...thats all i want to shout out to anyone who will listen,but no one ever can help me.

I experienced this last night and thought of the first time I read this thread. That's how I knew I was gonna be sick

I can sooooo relate to the feeling that you would rather die than vomit.....when i tell people this they think I am CRAZY!!

so jadenight did you V* yesterday then?? what happend?? are you okay now?? how do you feel about your emetophobia now you have been sick,if you were?? hope your better.JadeXX