Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll

has anyone seen this show? ITS SO horrible!!!!! I watched it last night because i couldnt actually belive it was a real TV, i thought someone was pulling my leg.

basically, its a beauty pagent. doesnt sound so horrible huh? its gets worse. they choose like 50 unattractive women called "ugly duckings" and put them through extensive plastic surgery,put them in an exersize program, emotional therapy, and so on all to become beautiful, aka, "the swan". they are not allowed to have any outside contact and have no acess to mirrors untill they;ve totally transformed themsleves.

I think its such a load of bulls***. sorry. It got me so upset. the people who made this show are very sick individuals. I feel so sorry for the girls that are being put through this? can you imagine going three months without seeing yourself and then boom, your a completely different looking person? *shudders* i don't think its right. I still can't belive they are doing this.

Hey Babydoll,

I know!!! I didn't think itis that great of an idea either!! But, that's just me... I feel bad that they call the girls "ugly ducklings" and all that and basically treat them like they have to change themselves in order to be accepted in society. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I mean, if they want to change then by all means, I say go for it, but it doesn't do very well for otherwomen and their own body image, does it?? It kind of sends a skewed message out there. I knew from the previews that I wouldn't like that show. I actually turned my head when they came on because Iwasworried they would show some scenes from the surgery room...you never know!I also couldn't believe they were calling them "ugly ducklings!" Not right I tell you!![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

By the way, isn't this kind of like Extreme Makeover minus the beauty pagent!!?? Why do they always repeat themselves?

It's a shame what TV is coming to...[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]It kind of makes you wonder what's next, huh? I'm not going to lie though. I do watch SOME reality TV shows...but I stay away from "The Swan" type shows. What ever happened to the old-fashioned make overs that just involved things like a change of clothes, or hairstyle,and make-up?Edited by: NCsmile6