Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default So my Dad has scared me to death!!

He called me last night, and said he was sick as a dog..he said at 4am he had the worst d** for 12 hours..and felt so sick but he couldnt v* , then at 4pm he v* twice..which he did say that made him feel better, but he said he almost called 911 he felt so bad, he said his feet and hand curled up with cramps...WHAT IS THAT..that scared me the most...he is a police officer and never gets sick, and always is the one who calms me down because he said its not that bad if it does happpen...but this time he told me he understands my fear thats the worst he has felt in 30 years!!!! Oh gah...come on spring!!!!!

Default Re: So my Dad has scared me to death!!

Whenever it's violent like that I always assume its food poisoning! My ex got SO SO sick last october, and at first we assumed just the stomach bug. It got so bad he had to go to the hospital and they said they were pretty positive it was food poisoning. Then it turned out a bunch of kids at his university got sick too. The dinning hall had served something bad!
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Thats true..he said he had eaten chick fil a...could have been some bad chicken.

It does sound like food poisoning - especially the severity of the cramps you're describing. Poor guy, hope he's on the mend now!

Yes he said he is much better, he is going back to work tonight! He said the d* was the worst part....but he is not scared to v*

Sounds like FP to me too.

Yes, it does sound like fp! Is that take-out that he ate? Glad he's feeling better!

oh good lord, I ate chik fil a tonight and felt SO sick after....I eat it all the time and never have any issues, but tonight was a different story. it was just gas for me. but I always worry about the chicken. It definately sounds like food poisoning to me...when it is violent like that, your body needs to expel it, then you feel fine like nothing every happened....its weird. Ive never had it but ive heard stories...

He said he thinks it was a virus..he is still unable to eat, and very weak...but he did go to work tonight....i just felt sooo bad for him, he never gets sick!

Quote Originally Posted by grrlga30 View Post
    He said he thinks it was a virus..he is still unable to eat, and very weak...but he did go to work tonight....i just felt sooo bad for him, he never gets sick!
    FP will do that to you as well. My ex's system was pretty messed up for a week or so afterwards.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Nobody's going to deny that this is awful and scary for anyone - even non-emetophobics! However, the thing to maybe take away from this that will help emetophobics is that even in an extreme case of vomiting like this, whatever the cause, he survived and is fine. It was AWFUL but it wasn't the end of the world. Our bodies are amazing things that do whatever they need to to take care of us and keep us as healthy as possible. In this case, if it was food poisoning, or whatever it was, he needed to get rid of it, and his body did that for him... as violent as it was.

Thats true! And he did live through it, thats what he told me, it was awful, but it was only one day...and now he may go another 30 years without it again...i know he doesnt think like i do..im afraid once i get it, ill catch it all the time...have no ides why.

I like the response by Butterfly. Very true. Our bodies are amazing things and the OP's dad did live and will be better. But so scary.