Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question OT: When is the stomach "empty"? Nothing to do with v* to do with tablets!

I've got nasty (to put it mildly) tonsilitis and got given amoxicillin at the weekend from the out of hours centre but today was worse than ever, lots of pus, awful earache and neck swollen etc so went to my GP and he said they're no good and need 8 Penicillin tablets a day for 2 weeks, which is fine but i've to take 2 pills 4 times a day one hour before food or on an "empty stomach"

So my question is: how long after last eating is your stomach supposed to be empty?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: OT: When is the stomach "empty"? Nothing to do with v* to do with tablets!

Generally 2 or 3 hours. At least, my iron tablets say to leave 2 hours after eating.

Default Re: OT: When is the stomach "empty"? Nothing to do with v* to do with tablets!

Thanks, thats fine then, i was just worried cos i have my tea about 8/9pm and take my bedtime tablet about 11pm so that will be ok

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Geez Pauline that sounds awful! You poor thing!
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Love Sage
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    Geez Pauline that sounds awful! You poor thing!
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Love Sage
    Aww thanks Sage No it's not been great, i'm no softie when it comes to pain but i admit i was in tears with it, it does seem to be easing off slightly tonight though so fingers crossed i'm over the worst!