Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anxiety pills

Default Anxiety pills

I want to take anxiety pills but the side effects say "nausea". I've heard somewhere that they have to put that on there just in case someone does get nausea for some reason. Is it actually possible I could feel nauseous? Has anyone else taken anxiety pills? Do they work? I also read they can cause depression. I'm already in risk of depression and I don’t know how that would affect me. What would happen if I took depression pills (sorry I forgot what to call them) and anxiety pills?

Default Re: Anxiety pills

Have you talked to a doctor about any medication?
    A lot of SSRI's treat both depression and anxiety anyway. And yes, it's always possible you could feel nauseated, but it doesn't mean you will. I have tried a few different pills and never felt nauseated or depressed. They do have to put that on there to avoid being sued if one person feels sick lol Crazy, but it happens. Pills usually come with directions, like take with food or a glass of water. I always follow those and have never had an issue.
    As far as if they work, you have to find the right one for you. The best thing is to talk to your doctor and they will do what they think is best for you.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

I take Lexapro...just started a few weeks ago, they have made such a difference in my life! The depression i heard is usually if you are already depressed, there have been cases of it worsening, but not really if you have anxiety..they do say for the first few weeks the anxiety can be worse, mine was not...i really weened myself onto them slowly, taking a very low does, now im about to up it.

Pills always have to list those side effects even if 1/100,000,000 people had them! Just because somebody else felt a little nauseous from taking the pills DOES NOT mean you will, and I assure you that the antidepressants wont make you v* if by any chance they make you nauseous.

I'm twelve and I started taking Zoloft a month ago, and I'm up to 75mg now; no nausea, no bad side effects. They will help eventually; they take 4-6 weeks to properly kick in. I can definitely feel a difference, I even felt a difference from the 25mg.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I take both depression and anxiety pills.
    they do not cause me nausea, i cause it myself.
    Actually ive been on several medications....
    Max dose of Cymbalta
    Max dose of Zoloft
    (not at the same time)
    And now ive recently started lexapro..

And ontop of that i take klonopin nightly.
    it doesnt ever make me sick it makes me relax.

i take xanax as needed and i dont get sick at all

Completely honestly, When starting Lexapro, they started me off right away on 20mg, and it was a HUGE shock for my body, so I had a stomach ache (not nausea) for about two hours on the first day. It was nothing considerable. Just a little ache. The results are well worth the side effects.

wnen i started on prozac i felt a little n.......i believe now that it was just my anxiety at work........it's been my miracle pill for several years now.......really helps with the constant anxiety over n and v........feel i pretty much lead a normal life most times
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What a great, supportive thread and what awesome contributions by everybody! I hope the OP comes back and reads them all!

I think I may print this thread out somehow, if it's ok with you guys, and put it up on my website. Whoever doesn't respond affirmatively I'll black your names out.

I've never taken anti-anxiety pills and never been depressed, but I do remember being scared of taking antibiotics for the same reason, even though I did it and cried about it all the time! Nevertheless, it's true that some people feel nauseous or vomit when they take any pill. But those people are never emetophobics!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I take citalopram which is a combined anti-depressant/anti-anxiety pill. Ive been on it for just over a year and it has helped me a lot. I started off on a low dose of 10mg and gradually upped it to 40mg which is still the dose I take now. I didnt have any bad side effects. In fact after years of hardly going out and always feeling sick and anxious I have recently started work again for the first time in 10 years. See your dr and if they recommend them I say go for it!