Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New here

Default New here

Hello,
    I just found this site today. I have suffered with emetaphobia all my life (am now 35), and after a recent horrible sv that my kids had a few weeks ago I feel like I am totally losing control now. I need help.

I am reading these success stories, and a lot of recommendations to get professional help with a therapist.

Unfortunately I cannot afford it in the least bit, we are really struggling, and we do not have insurance that covers anything but routine checkups.

There aren't any books out there or anything I can find It seems like the general forums aren't for trying to overcome, just more for sharing the common fears.

Any suggestions on where to start? I want my life back.

Thanks so much in advance for any insight.

Default Re: New here

Hello bcrn....
    I am new here as well and my name is Sarah. I have been suffering from emetophobia also since I was a freshman in high school (I am now 28). I have been put on anxiety medication for it, but after the years of being on it, I don't want to anymore...I don't want to keep upping my dosage.

My fiance recently had a sv* and realized that I couldn't take the anxiety anymore. I have the worst panic attacks over it. I as well cannot afford to see a psychologist, etc. However, I recently found this site that you can order a book and cd's from specifically made for emet.

I just ordered it today. I'm really excited. I want my life back more than anything, and this little self-help program has high ratings from what I hear from others. I cannot wait to try it, I'd like to get my life back to normal and not have to worry about taking anxiety medications anymore for this. I want to have kids in the future, and I don't want to have to live my life around the worry.

If you want, I can let you know how the book/cd's work for me. It's relatively inexpensive too, it's something like $47 in 3 payments, much easier to afford than a doctor bill.

I can't post links yet because I haven't posted many posts here yet (because I'm still new), but if you google "Emetophobia recovery system" and click on the first find that comes up, that is where I went.

Thank you very much. Yes, I would really love to know how it is working for you. I can't live like this anymore.

welcome to the forum. i've found lots of help and comfort just being on here......lots of advice and common sense knowledge that has made my life way easier the past year. great caring people who totally understand what you're going through and pretty much always someone here to chat with if you need it.

i haven;t tried the emet recovery system myself....maybe someday......but like i said i've felt sooooo much better just being here not sure that i even need that anymore.....

hope you find some relief
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi guys! Welcome to the site!
    The Emetophobia Recovery System is very good, solid material that can be quite helpful. The owner of this site wrote the system. As well, my website resource page now has a "self-help" section. Feel free to visit there and use whatever will help you. The link is below!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.