Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: more noro news

Default more noro news

as u guys know i am the BIGGEST norophobe,i was reading up on the vaccine and i thought id share with u guys what i rea.ill copy and paste the most important stuff.hope everyone is well.peace and love guys.

Three weeks after the second dose, the volunteers were admitted to a nursing unit and given a drink containing live norovirus. They were kept in the unit at least 4 days and afterward were monitored with clinical assessments and stool sampling, the company said.
    The vaccine was found to have 47% efficacy (P=.006) against any norovirus illness, including mild illness, and 26% efficacy (P=.046) against infection, the firm reported. In the 77 volunteers who fully completed the trial, vaccination decreased the incidence of illness from 69% to 37% and the incidence of infection from 82% to 61%. The severity of illness was also reduced significantly in the vaccinees (P=.011), officials said.
    .Beeman, commenting on the efficacy findings, said that in further trials, "We're sure going to try to optimize things that way. We look at the results and recall the early results of rotavirus vaccine trials, and we believe we're in the same ballpark as the early studies of rotavirus vaccine. We need to show good efficacy in preventing severe disease, which is very similar to what you see in rotavirus vaccine for kids."
    He said the study includes an assessment of viral shedding, but "we weren't [statistically] powered to get a whole lot of information there. But we'll play close attention in future trials." He noted that data on the degree of viral shedding by individuals are not yet available.
    Hedberg said another question concerning any norovirus vaccine is how long the immunity would last. It's not clear that even natural infection confers long-term immunity, he explained. Since the vaccine uses VLPs rather than an intact norovirus, it would probably have to be given annually, like flu vaccines, he said.
    "This would be required both because of limited immunity and the variability in norovirus antigenicity that occurs naturally," Hedberg said. "I don't think an annual norovirus shot would be as acceptable as an annual flu shot," since norovirus infection is not as serious an illness as flu.
    Concerning duration of immunity, Beeman commented, "Our plan is try and design a vaccine that would give multiple years of protection." He said that noroviruses do evolve and change, but they don't seem to show the same level of "shift and drift" as flu viruses do.
    "It looks to us that there's a promise of vaccine lasting more than" a year, he said. "We'll have to wait and see how the trials go and see if we're able to protect against new strains as time goes on.
    The company has developed VLPs for group I and II (GI and GII) norovirus strains, Beeman said. The intranasal vaccine used in the phase 1/2 trial targeted just one strain, but the intramuscular vaccine targets both, he reported. The two strains together account for about 80% to 90% of norovirus cases, he said.

Default Re: more noro news

Was there any news of when it will be released to the public?

Yeah ^^ This is sounding good! x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

when i called the vaccine company he said more than 5 years but less than ten years,but everywhere else ive read it said 4-5 years.im not sure which date is the right one so im guessing anywhere between 4-8 years which seems really far away but i try and look at it like this.im 21 and i made it 20 years without catching sv,with good hygenie and staying away from sick ppl,and keeping my immune system up i should i be able to go another 4-8 yearswthout catching it. pray that i do.lets hope for the best as far as t comming out sooner,but i want them to take thier time and make sure it works well.

Yeah I mean we dont want the testing to be rushed and then it doesn't work! x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

or i wouldnt want it to get recalled and having to wat another couple of years to get t back,that would be a nightmare

then another 5 years before canada gets it i will just go down to the states and pay whatever they want for it!
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

The only thing I would worry about getting this vac is the side effects of it, I mean I would worry that it would make me feel *s! God im so annoying -_- x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

Needs more work. 47% efficacy = works less than half the time. Reduced incidence of illness from 69% to 37%. Meaning more than 1/3 of those who took the vaccine still got sick.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Thats quite a lot still. . . x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

It`s about time that they came up with a vaccine for this thing, but I suppose that as usual our government won`t order enough of it to go around, & only the people who are already in poor health will get it.

I would do everything and anything to be one of the people who gets it!!!
    waiting for the end to come...wishing i had strength to stand...
    this is not what i had planned...it's out of my control...

What was the website that you got this from?

Ah its so relieving to read that! Although I would HATE to be one of the guys they are testing it on, but I LOVE them for helping this to develope!!
    ​The best is yet to come....

Can you imagine the people volunteering for this....they are so brave..haha. There is nooooo way i could do it!

Doug - from my reading of this article (on here only) it seems no one got sick because they didn't use a live virus. It's just that was the % that had shedding in stool samples? (I could be wrong)

I should really go read the studies! Ya, ... then I'll post in my newsletter or something. I'm looking for a project for my research design course anyway!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Sage, this is what Ashleyn's original message said:

Quote Originally Posted by ashleyn View Post
    Three weeks after the second dose, the volunteers were admitted to a nursing unit and given a drink containing live norovirus. They were kept in the unit at least 4 days and afterward were monitored with clinical assessments and stool sampling, the company said.
    The vaccine was found to have 47% efficacy (P=.006) against any norovirus illness, including mild illness, and 26% efficacy (P=.046) against infection, the firm reported. In the 77 volunteers who fully completed the trial, vaccination decreased the incidence of illness from 69% to 37% and the incidence of infection from 82% to 61%.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Look like there's a significant minority of people who are either immune or highly resistant to it.

You're right Doug. I don't know what made me think they weren't using live vaccine. Maybe I read it somewhere else. Anyway, I'll go and try to find the study itself.
    Thanks!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I feel giving the live virus would make you vomit... thats not okay with me!!!! but if they perfect it so noone does... im so excited!!

As much as I hate getting vaccines, I would be the first one in line to get this vaccine.

Friend me on Facebook